Fireworks from HIFS??

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
Just wondering if anyone knows if you are able to see any of the park fireworks from HIFS. I know that you could see MGM fireowks from the Swan, just wondering if you are as fortunate at HIFS?

if I recall correctly from one of the many HIFS reviews that I had read in the past on many sites; believe someone mentioned they were able to see Disney fireworks from the property (didn't refer to which particular park they happened to be in though).

I would think it is definitely likely they could have because the hotel is just only 1 mile from the maingate and an approximately 4 min. drive. So, I think really considering where it is actually located the chances of you being able to see at least some of them anyway are indeed good.

I know when leaving WDW at night years past driving enroute to returning back to my offsite hotel and while heading up towards this particular direction in the car, I still had the potential of seeing fireworks at a distance that was going on.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it is possible to see fireworks from HIFS (sort of), but they will likely appear to be <b>very</b> small, since it is still a fair distace away. I think the ones that we saw must have been from the Magic Kingdom. We took the elevator up to the top floor (it's exterior corridors), and if I remember correctly we could see them from both buildings 3 & 4. It was neat since we weren't doing anything at that time anyway... but I might not make a point of staying in just to see the "fireworks" because you could be disappointed (did I mention they looked <b>very</b> tiny ;) ).

We stayed at the HIFS in the Chatanooga building on the fifth floor and were able to see some fireworks last February. Yes, the view was limited but it did beat all the traffic!!:bounce:

Thanks for all your input!!!!
When you stay in MK for the fireworks, is there some sort of special area where everyone gathers to view, or is it just wherever you are in the park, you see?

If you stay in the park, Main Street will be mobbed. Many people gather there for the parade and stay for the fireworks. Plus, you'll see the fireworks with the Castle in front ... the classic view so to speak.

You can also see the fireworks well from other sections of the park. These include near Splash Mountain and in Fantasyland or Toontown.

One of the best views I ever had was from the Ferry Boat to the MK. It was just before an E-night and I sailed towards the MK as the fireworks were going off. As we docked, the show ended. The timing was perfect.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter