• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks on Nights of Joy nights??

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
We will be in Disney Sept 3-11th and obviously they do not have the hours or parade/fireworks times yet for MK. We will not be going into the MK for the Nights of Joy nights (Thu, Fri, Sat of that week) but wonder if they have special fireworks for these nights since it is a special admission like MNSSHP. Normally MK closes early like 7 or 8pm and I don't think fireworks are shown during the week. I am hoping we could take advantage of those special late nights and get a reservation at California Grill or Narcosee's.

Which has the better view/food too - thanks!!

I went last week the first week of September (and am going this year, too....see you there ;) ). If memory serves :crazy: they did the fireworks on Sat and Sun and Thursday. I am not sure what they are planning this year. Hopefully we will have a couple chances to see the night parade and the fireworks. I like to watch one night and video tape another...I just can't seem to watch and enjoy it when I am trying to tape it :rolleyes: ...you know, the whole "can't walk and chew bubblegum at the same time syndrome :rolleyes: ...

Anyway. It is a wonderful week to be there!! The lines are nonexistint! We didn't wait in line for ANYTHING, even on Labor Day which we were guessing would be a busy day.

I cannot wait!! Come on SEPTEMBER!!!:hyper:

We are going the 5th to 11th. Is it a mistake to go that thursday ? :worried: Will NOJ make the park a lot more crowded? :crowded:

If they hold to form, the Magic Kingdom will close at 6 pm on Thur., Fri., and Sat. nights (Sept. 9-11) and there will be no fireworks at park closing. There will be a special showing of Wishes during the Night of Joy party each night, probably around 9-9:30 pm.

We are going the 5th to 11th. Is it a mistake to go that thursday ? Will NOJ make the park a lot more crowded?

No this time of year is never busy but like the poster said, MK will close at 6pm to the public 9-11th so plan accordingly. The park reopens around 7:30pm for NOUJ - separate ticket and I think that is when the majority of the people for NOJ go. They have a 3 day discount pass for them but it is NIGHTS ONLY so unless they want to pay a full day admission for MK during the day, my guess is that it will be empty at MK during the daytime hrs. I would also think that Epcot and MGM will not be so crowded at night since the NOJ will be going on. If you have hopper passes, my guess is do MK in the morning and then Epcot at night that Thursday.

Last year they did spectromagic/fireworks the night before NOJ to make up for not having it Sat. If that holds true, MK should have those events on Wed night. Your best bet is to wait until the hours and parade times are available (hopefully soon!) to plan your trip. We did book somethings in advance like Cinderella's breakfast because they book up but the rest we are waiting for hours to post

HTH

James D

Thanks for the update - I am hoping to book dinner one night at Californis Grill when MK is closed for NOJ to watch fireworks. I think I am going to book Thursday.

Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter