Fireworks?

goofynut41

Disney Veteran
Is Disney gonna air some fireworks on 4th of July? Thought they might play last years.. Which I was there.... pixiedust:

Probably not. It would likely give people the imprssion they might happen and they don't want to give that impresssion right now.

They will likely try to find something to do but I expect fireworks are out.

Hope so! Especially since fireworks have been cancelled for the time being at the parks!

Any guesses on when fireworks might return? I believe Busch Gardens had some this month.
Some time next spring would be my guess, when, hopefully, there is a decent vaccine in fairly wide spread distribution, or a very effective treatment. Until then, they would have the crowds to justify the price or want everyone crowding together.

I have not seen a Busch Gardens show, but I am assuming it is a much cheaper production than a Disney show.

They’d have to extend park hours first. If they dont do that then at the very earliest, October/November. Things would have to take a massive turn, like 0 new cases over a 30 day span for it to even become a discussion.

Because of the castle show and the lack of area to see the fireworks throughout the park, its much tougher to spread out crowds than it is at Busch Gardens and Sea World. The parking lot is also alot further from the pyro launch at Disney than those other 2 parks, so you couldn’t even do it when the park is closed, unless you’re doing it for just the guests at Poly, CR, or GF not to mention the influx of guests that would try and sneak into those resorts to watch.

The same goes for DHS.

If there’s any park that gets fireworks in 2020, it’ll be EPCOT.

I’m also sure Disney doesn’t mind saving the amount of money every night by not having these shows

They’d have to extend park hours first. If they dont do that then at the very earliest, October/November. Things would have to take a massive turn, like 0 new cases over a 30 day span for it to even become a discussion.

Because of the castle show and the lack of area to see the fireworks throughout the park, its much tougher to spread out crowds than it is at Busch Gardens and Sea World. The parking lot is also alot further from the pyro launch at Disney than those other 2 parks, so you couldn’t even do it when the park is closed, unless you’re doing it for just the guests at Poly, CR, or GF not to mention the influx of guests that would try and sneak into those resorts to watch.

The same goes for DHS.

If there’s any park that gets fireworks in 2020, it’ll be EPCOT.

I’m also sure Disney doesn’t mind saving the amount of money every night by not having these shows

They aren’t saving money. The dessert parties are huge revenue generators. The fireworks are a draw. Some people won’t return at all until they can view fireworks in front of the castle. I’m one of them.

They aren’t saving money. The dessert parties are huge revenue generators. The fireworks are a draw. Some people won’t return at all until they can view fireworks in front of the castle. I’m one of them.

They’d need about 5,000 adults paying for the highest priced dessert party to equal 1 night’s worth of HEA. The party’s are a big draw and definitely take a chunk out of the nightly cost of the fireworks, but its not covering them.

Some people are waiting, sure. But people are still going. They aren’t exactly begging people to come other than locals with APs. And locals typically dont stay for fireworks every time theyre in the parks. I’m sure they’d be ok with more people, but filling capacity every day comes with more potential risk which could impact their image even more, so for now, they seem to be fine with the numbers they’re getting. All they really did was open more slots in the bucket’s for APs w/o reservations.

It's not just dessert parties. It's theme park view rooms, California Grill, Poly beach. Fireworks are part of the brand. Between social distancing and supply chain issues I predict they return next year.

But all of those things aren’t or weren’t built to profit because of the fireworks. All of those things are still in use, being paid for by guests with or without the fireworks. They’re a perk, for sure, and the theme park rooms are more expensive, partly because of the fireworks, but things like staying at the Poly to go to the beach, or going to California Grill, the fireworks are just an added perk to the experience, people aren’t not going to go to CG because they can’t get the view of the fireworks.

Dessert Parties are in direct correlation to the fireworks. But they only soften the blow of the cost of the fireworks, they dont cover the cost.

The could put taped boxes on the ground 6ft apart for the fireworks and hope people stay in them, but we all know without CM’s patrolling the areas, people would move out of those boxes to try and get a better view. And its too dark for CMs to try and babysit even a reduced capacity by ensuring guests are wearing face coverings, and staying in their box.

I dont think fireworks at MK, or DHS come back until social distancing is more lax. EPCOT is the one that has the best shot at having fireworks in 2020, and even they’re unlikely. I’ll be very, very happy to be wrong

Disney didn't cancel the Christmas parties yet.

They are still holding out hope that they will be able to relax some of the social distancing tactics and I'd expect parades and fireworks to return. We'll know more by September is my gut.

They haven’t yet, purely because they haven’t had to. There’s still time that they can sit on the money thats already been paid before having to refund it back. A lot of things need to go right in the next 2 months for them to keep it on as planned, but I expect MVMCP to also be cancelled this year. Too many offerings for these party’s require basically no social distancing.

They’d need about 5,000 adults paying for the highest priced dessert party to equal 1 night’s worth of HEA. The party’s are a big draw and definitely take a chunk out of the nightly cost of the fireworks, but its not covering them.

Some people are waiting, sure. But people are still going. They aren’t exactly begging people to come other than locals with APs. And locals typically dont stay for fireworks every time theyre in the parks. I’m sure they’d be ok with more people, but filling capacity every day comes with more potential risk which could impact their image even more, so for now, they seem to be fine with the numbers they’re getting. All they really did was open more slots in the bucket’s for APs w/o reservations.

Where are you getting your fireworks figures? I’ve never found anything conclusive but the best guess people seemed to agree on was $50,000 a night. That’s $1 per guest on an average MK day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter