First afternoon in Florida, beach or shopping???

Payne family

Earning My Ears
Our flight arrives at 3pm on a sat. I would like to take kids to see ocean(we have a rental car 1 day only). Not sure if this would be too much time on road. Another option is shopping, get it out of the way before 4 days at WDW. Any advice or suggestions??

Can't tell you anything about the ocean, but I know when we arrived last year around 2 or so (we drove) we hung out in the room for bit, then dashed over to DTD for food & shopping. We stayed a few hours, and we were completely wiped.

This year, the plan is to check in, grab a quick bite @ DTD, get some GOH badges, and then go back to the resort and hang out at the pool.

Now, this may change and we may hit Typhoon Lagoon instead, but I'm thinking we may just stick with original plan and keep it simple.

HTH!

I would say that if you really want to see the ocean then go for it, but if you would like to go to the outlet stores go there instead. I would say that by not getting in town until 3, you will probably be pretty tired already and you don't want to be too tired for the parks the next day! Maybe just wait until you get there and then decide. (I know, I'm not much help am I?):rolleyes:

The nearest beach is Cocoa and it is a good 45 minutes each way. We did this last summer and although the kids loved the beach the ride seemed long and boring! We would have a hard time doing that after the flight, of course, it may depend on how stress free your travel is. Your kids might be happier walking around and using up some energy. I would suggest the outlet malls or DTD! If it will just ruin your vacation not to see the beach then by all means go for that though!

What about a water park or a afternoon at the pool? After a long tavel day, a road trip to the beach is going to be hard and taking kids shopping if they are already tired is just asking for a meltdown!! I would chill out at the pool, or at the most go to a water park and they have a nice dinner and turn in early so as to be ready to hit those parks early the next AM/

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter