First Avis Preferred rental

holyrita

DIS Veteran
Hello! I signed up for Avis Preferred having never rented with them before. My reservation was booked through Costco and I included my Wizard number when booking.

I reached out to their support and they confirmed I have to stop by the counter before proceeding to the garage to sign a 'master rental agreement', swipe my card and show my driver license.

I've researched and see there is a small Avis kiosk in the garage. Does anyone know if I can go to the kiosk in the garage instead of waiting in the main line in the airport terminal? If not, if anyone can share recent Avis rental pickup experiences at MCO I'd appreciate it! :earsboy:

I picked up my first car using Avis Preferred in Las Vegas. I wanted a couple minutes in the main line and was told to head out to the garage to complete the signup.

I am not sure if it is handled the same in Orlando for the first pickup.

I have Avis preferred and used them in a number of cities and recall that you go directly to your car once you have registered with them. I BELIEVE for your first time rental you do have to go to the counter so they can verify you have a valid driver's license and perhaps enter something into their system. When exiting with the car, someone at the exit booth looks briefly at your rental agreement and driver's license to verify you are the person shown as renting that vehicle.

I had my first MCO Avis Preferred rental last year some time and was able to verify my CC/DL at the garage kiosk. One thing regarding Costco/Avis: the time I rented, and once or twice since when I reserved via Costco and ultimately cancelled, the price at Avis (in my account) was slightly different/higher than the Costco reservation price. The first time I rented I asked the agent about it and she was unable to explain why it would be any different - I’m talking in the range of a few dollars here, nothing significant so I just rolled with it. But I had not ever experienced that with Costco and any other agency.

Last edited:
I have rented with AVIS a few times at MCO. I made my reservations with a third party and linked it to my AVIS account with my wizard number. Each time, I verified that my reservation showed in my app. When I landed, as soon as I turned on my phone there was a message waiting for me either with my exact car and location or a message telling me to choose my car from the ones they showed me in the app.

I never had to go to a counter. Just flash my DL on the way out of the parking garage gate.

Can you go to a local Avis counter and show your DL and credit card ahead of time so you can skip the counter when at MCO?

Can you go to a local Avis counter and show your DL and credit card ahead of time so you can skip the counter when at MCO?
Not sure. I tried that for Hertz and very nice agent indicated they had to check DL and swipe CC “at time of rental”. Again, my short stop at Avis MCO garage kiosk was quick and easy.

That strikes me as an avenue worth exploring. If u try it make sure to report back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter