First Cruise - Single mom

singlemom

Earning My Ears
I'm taking my 8 year old daughter on our first Disney Cruise Dec.4-11. I'm recently divorced and have never travelled alone. I am a little concerned about going to these formal, adults-only dinners by myself. That takes a lot of fun out of it for me. I've read all the different messages on this forum, but it left me wondering, are there any single MEN on these trips?

Hop over to the cruise boards and look at the cruise meets sub board. You will probably find your cruise date and from there you can meet a lot of fellow cruisers online. There may or may not be single men, but you don't have to worry about dining alone. You and your daughter will be assigned a table with others. She can eat with you at every meal, unless she decides to stay in the club. If she is into princesses and has a princess costume dress, let her wear that on "formal" night for the pictures. It will be a great memory.

I believe that early in the cruise there will be a "single Mingle" event where you can meet others. Also, I think DCL puts other like families together, so you may be seated with some single parents. I agree with the recommendations to go to the cruise meet boards--it's nice to see friendly faces, even if you don't spend that much time with them.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much for your help. I'm just a little nervous i guess. I didn't realize that they'd actually create seating assignments, that helps a lot.
I can't wait!

I don't know anything about the Disney cruise, but I just wanted to tell you to have fun. My parents got divorced when I was 2 and I grew up with my mom. We used to take trips every summer together up until I was a senior in college. I was 8 (your daughter's age) when we took our first trip together out of state. We have great memories and those trips were a lot of fun. Be sure to take lots of pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter