first family trip

CARROLLS!4

Earning My Ears
Is there area's you want to stay away from when staying off property? WE are a family of 4 on a budget looking for clean and nice area to stay for 2 weeks. Any advice would help please

I'm sure you will get suggestions but it would help to post your budget and travel time.

Find a place along Rt. 192 and you'll be fine. There are more choices than you know what to do with.

Is there area's you want to stay away from when staying off property? WE are a family of 4 on a budget looking for clean and nice area to stay for 2 weeks. Any advice would help please

Will you have a car or are you depending on walk-able location and shuttles etc?

I would suggest that you grab a copy of the Unofficial Guide to WDW at your local bookseller or library.

It has an (actually a couple of) extensive section on where to stay in and around WDW, with good descriptions of the general hotel areas and lots of options at any price point with pretty accurate ratings.

I actually disagree with just "a" place along 192 as a bit further out from the parks there are a lot of hotel/motel properties along 192 that are used for social assistance.

I'd start by setting a budget and doing a little research on possible properties; there are several styles of vacation accommodation available, so knowing what you want is important. For 2 weeks I would be looking for a decent suite or villa accommodation; 2 weeks in a standard hotel is not my idea of a vacation. You may be pleasantly surprised at how economical some really high end accommodation can be. I generally pay less per night for a 2BR timeshare villa near the parks than I do for the couple of Holiday Inn Express nights during our drive down to Orlando.

I think it depends what you want to stay away from....( My DH hates the traffic) We always stay off international drive. One one side is universal the other side is seaworld, Disney springs is on the other side of the freeway.
It has everything over there including traffic and lots of it. But the kids like the biggest mcdonalds and seeing the eye (ferris wheel).

Some of Kissimmee is run down it use to be the place to go in the 80/90s but now there are people living in the hotels, and some hotels are out of business gated and boarded up. They seem to have a homeless problem. I guess if I were homeless I would pick florida as well.

For 2 weeks I would rent a house or a timeshare resort. Prices vary immensely. What kind of budget do you have?

For 2 weeks I would rent a house or a timeshare resort. Prices vary immensely. What kind of budget do you have?
I second this. That's a long time to be in a standard hotel room on your own dime. I do it for work, but they are paying for my meals out. At a minimum, I'd want a suite with some type of kitchen and a larger fridge than mini fridge.

Airbnb, vrbo, etc, might be worth looking into. I've seen houses on travel sites I won't name here because I don't know the rules, but they are out there.

Your first time, there is something about the hotel on vacation that you lose in a house. The one time we stayed in a house it really lacked the vacation theme.
We got a really good deal from the a time share I dont mind 90 mins of talking/selling . We are staying in the Sheraton vistana but that is only for 4 days (199. Plus a 100 gift card) the rest is on us we got a hotel for 40 a night.
Last spring we stayed at two hotels both on international drive for about 40-50 a night off hotwire.

Last edited:
Your first time, there is something about the hotel on vacation that you loose in a house. The one time we stayed in a house it really lacked the vacation theme.
We got a really good deal from the a time share I dont mind 90 mins of talking/selling . We are staying in the Sheraton vistana but that is only for 4 days (199. Plus a 100 gift card) the rest is on us we got a hotel for 40 a night.
Last spring we stayed at two hotels both on international drive for about 40-50 a night off hotwire.

Good point, would be nice to know what their budget is to help.

Budget is a requirement. For first time, I recommend staying on site, even if it is the campgrounds. Offsite is still ok. The recommendation for 192 is not a 100% guarantee. There are many sleazy places on that road too. For 2 weeks, you are looking at about $1,500 on the low end for a quality place to stay. It is very doable, but time of year is king too.

Though I can't recommend any offsite, don't forget to include any resort and parking fees if you have a vehicle. It may be just as cheap to stay onsite and not have a resort fee.

There are a lot of great off site places. We save a lit of money not staying onsite. I can't find any reason to pay twice as much. Just YouTube the hotel before you book it the best reviews I have found are by other guests.

I'd recommend renting somewhere in clermont/davenport area as it's away from most of the traffic that you may run into staying in the kissimmee/orlando areas and you're still in close proximity to the theme parks.
You'll be fine remaining in the close vicinity of the theme parks. I'd also recommend visiting some of the beaches (cocoa beach which is on the east coast and clearwater beach which is on the west coast)

We usually rent a condo in Windsor Hills. We've gotten a 3 bedroom condo. On home away you can find come decent deals. With a condo you can save money and have breakfast and cook some simple meals if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter