First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Sounds like you have had a great trip so far. Maybe Pennsylvania won't be as snow covered when you get back...here's hoping!

I know how you feel. The last night is always tough. We try to start the first night at MK watching the fireworks and no matter what park we've been in on the last full day, we head over to MK to catch Wishes again on the last night. There's just something about standing on Main St watching fireworks that 'is' Disney.

Have a good day tomorrow. And don't worry about any snow. It's warming up this week and it should all be gone by the time you get home.

j

They gained over a foot while we have been here. Well off to the Flower and Garden show at Epcot for the last day.

Up and headed off to Epcot. Wife and i went in to MK last night for a kitchen sink of ice cream and got to ride half a dozen rides. Nephew had a good time in the evening playing tetherball with other kids before dinner last night.

Well today was a good day at Epcot a little windy and was cloudy all day, but still a nice day. Tomorrow we leave and head north to NC. Tonight consisted of taking our Mickey lamp down and packing up the site. I then hooked up so we are ready to roll. Planning an early escape, want to be rolling at 5am. Wife and I all ready talking about a trip next year. Have alot yet to cover and well more than a few pictures to post. I shot over 3,000 photo's this week. Have to sort thru them and will get more posted. Next two days will be travel days, so will be disconnected. Had a really great week down here, and the Fort is all you folks said it is.

I know how the high quality pictures can take up so much space, but they are GREAT pictures. It almost seems like you are standing right in front of the animals, and the coffin shot is really cool. Thanks for sharing these, can't wait to see the rest.

It was 46 degrees and sunny here in the Chicago area and more of the same next week. Hopefully it'll be heading you're way by the time you get home.

Safe travels. Looking forward to more pics, they're great.

Hopefully you're having a good trip home. Nice pics. I can't believe how wide your site was. I've gotten used to the Preferreds. 1400 loop was one of our earliest trips to the Fort and the sites weren't nearly as wide.

This is what they looked like circa 2005.
FW1400.jpg

j

. . . Everyone at the Fort and elsewere enjoy the day, those in the northern states, try and stay warm . . .

1) Thank You.
2) Were ARE enjoying it.
3) Just made seating charts for next weekend's HDDR.
4) Really hated to put that family (with their three youngin's) behind the posts on the balcony).
5) But, they waited too long to make their ressies, and were almost last in line for good tables and better seating. *

* So, Mrs Calabash, wherever you are, don't blame me for the table location.

It was 46 degrees and sunny here in the Chicago area and more of the same next week. Hopefully it'll be heading you're way by the time you get home.

Calling for ice in the morning back home, hope it warms a little and maybe it is just rain.

Hopefully you're having a good trip home. Nice pics. I can't believe how wide your site was. I've gotten used to the Preferreds. 1400 loop was one of our earliest trips to the Fort and the sites weren't nearly as wide.

This is what they looked like circa 2005.
FW1400.jpg

j

They were huge, I was surprised at the size and the back I had a couple feet yet and the slideout side had a couple feet to walk around. Was nice.

Well we did have a good day for travel after a morning fiasco. Woke up hooked up the trailer and did a brake check and nothing, what ?? Nothing, recheck, Nothing. Finally look and when we arrived last week the 7 round wire had fallen rubbed the ground and tore up all the wires. Off to Walmart for wire at 5am, spliced and taped and 90 minutes later on the road home. Well that is gonna need to be replaced, yuck. Nice and sunny all the way here to North Carolina, cooling off as the sun sets. Back to the snow and cold tomorrow.

Chris, it has been a good run. Your pics have helped us all. Sorry about having to go home to the tundra. This week is our spring break, and between now and friday they are giving 3-6 inches of rain. 90% everyday...

We were going camping over in Demopolis, AL on the Tombigbee River, but I cancelled when the flood warning was issued. Figured wife and kids wouldn't like riding down the river in the camper.

Keep safe travels my friend, and hopefully the weather will cooperate with you.

Chris, it has been a good run. Your pics have helped us all. Sorry about having to go home to the tundra. This week is our spring break, and between now and friday they are giving 3-6 inches of rain. 90% everyday...

We were going camping over in Demopolis, AL on the Tombigbee River, but I cancelled when the flood warning was issued. Figured wife and kids wouldn't like riding down the river in the camper.

Keep safe travels my friend, and hopefully the weather will cooperate with you.

It was a good run. Weather today was also great for travel, sunny and around 50 degrees all the way. Arrived to NEPA and managed to get the trailer back in it's home amongst the snow. Winterized again and unloaded all the freezables. Tomorrow the wife and I will run the slide out and repack, straighten and clean so we can start planning our next camping trip.

Tiggerdad, sorry you had to cancel your trip but can understand with a flood warning issued. I know the cushions in my trailer do not become floatation devices in the event of an emergency.

Will spend the end of the week and next week working on and posting pictures before I head back to work for the season.

Next Disney trip to the Fort, 2016, just the wife and I for a really late honeymoon. :earsboy:

Chris, seriously, thanks for having us along on your trip. I hope those of us "hangers on" weren't too much of a burden. Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter