"First" haircut after chemo at Harmony Barbershop?

TreeSapp

That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.
FIL is well over 60, but I am wondering if we can sign him up for a 'first haircut package' at main street's barbershop? It will be his first haircut after chemo (took a good long while before it came back) and he's be avoiding getting it cut so far because its still fairly sparse. DH and I think he might get a kick out of a little trimming and some glitter tho.

Anyone try this before?

No clue, but I also think it's a great idea! I'd definitely explain the situation to a CM - I can't imagine them saying "absolutely not".

The ladies in the Barbershop are super sweet. I think if you explain the situation they would most certainly do it.

Cool thanks - I'll see if I can't set something up :)

oooh IDK.. I don't mean to rain on your plans, because in essence, it's a great idea! But are you sure your FIL wants that kind of attention? Speaking as a open minded man, I'm not sure if I'd be comfotable with doing that.. you know that whole male ego thing? :rotfl2:

About 4 years ago (maybe a little longer) my cousin and his son went and got their hair cut together... after the cut they put green color in each of their hair (spiked in the front and hidden Mickey in the back) with Mickey glitter to finish it off.

His son was super happy to match his dad and they didn't think twice about doing this for an adult.

I say go for it if he is willing to do it, where else but Disney could you do this and not get funny looks :thumbsup2

oooh IDK.. I don't mean to rain on your plans, because in essence, it's a great idea! But are you sure your FIL wants that kind of attention? Speaking as a open minded man, I'm not sure if I'd be comfotable with doing that.. you know that whole male ego thing? :rotfl2:

It'd definitely take some coaxing. But both his father and grandfather were barbers, so that might help him want to experience it? But he's not in very good physical shape after chemo and a stem cell transplant, so we're trying to find 'fun' things for him to enjoy all day without many rides

About 4 years ago (maybe a little longer) my cousin and his son went and got their hair cut together... after the cut they put green color in each of their hair (spiked in the front and hidden Mickey in the back) with Mickey glitter to finish it off.

His son was super happy to match his dad and they didn't think twice about doing this for an adult.

I say go for it if he is willing to do it, where else but Disney could you do this and not get funny looks :thumbsup2

Oh! I like this - maybe all 4 of us can do it together

Oh! I like this - maybe all 4 of us can do it together

I was just going to suggest the same thing, maybe if he and his son did it together, he won't feel as pointed out as he would doing it solo

Amazing idea. I have a feeling that after all that hes been through life will have been put into perspective.

I'm sure he will get over being the crnter of attention. It's a really small shop anyway so it'll be intimate and I'm sure he'd really appreciate this.

Will also be shocked if the cast members didn't jump on the opportunity to do this.

fil is well over 60, but i am wondering if we can sign him up for a 'first haircut package' at main street's barbershop? . . .

1) YES, YOU CAN !!!!!!!!
2) Just make sure you explain the reason.
3) MrsRustyScupper got her "1st hair" cut after chemo at MSB. *

* It should be noted that she only had about three hairs on her head at the time (after chemo). :)

1) YES, YOU CAN !!!!!!!!
2) Just make sure you explain the reason.
3) MrsRustyScupper got her "1st hair" cut after chemo at MSB. *

* It should be noted that she only had about three hairs on her head at the time (after chemo). :)

Cool thanks! Glad to hear from someone who's really done it. FIL has more than 3 but they are sparse and super fine... Or I'd push for the Mohawk ;)

I love it! They take reservations now, and I would recommend that since they do tend to be busy. The number is 407-939-7895.

I love it! They take reservations now, and I would recommend that since they do tend to be busy. The number is 407-939-7895.

Oh! I didn't realize. I thought you had to go first thing in the morning to book an appt. this would be way easier :)

They are wonderful there! I got my lock of love cut there a year ago and they were nothing but supportive! Congratulations to FIL, quite a milestone! Prayers and love!

They are wonderful there! I got my lock of love cut there a year ago and they were nothing but supportive! Congratulations to FIL, quite a milestone! Prayers and love!

Yeah. We're really hoping for a nice celebratory trip for him - 10year survivor with 3 rounds of chemo and two stem cell transplants. About time he got some time off from all that ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter