• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first night

jakoky

DIS Veteran
Well, yesterday i got an email saying our flight was changed...we originally flew out of vancouver at 2:10 in the afternoon and arrived in LA at 5:00 pm...yesterday i was very upset as the new time was almost 2 hours later, meaning we wouldnt get to our motel until probably at least 9:30 that night, what a waste of the day, at least the other way we had our evening...today i decided to call, and they told me i could change to an earlier flight at no charge as our original was actually cancelled....yahhhh, we now fly out at 11:15 am so we at our motel before supper.... :cool1: so what started as bad news, became the best news....Now, the question is, i dont want to waste our five day passes for the evening, so does anyone know if u can see the fireworks at all from CCI or downtown disney....we are there for 10 nights, so we will definately get to see them inside DL at least once, but thought it might be great for the kids to see them even at least a little....also, does anyone have any recommendations on somewhere to eat dinner once we arrive that may get us in the disney mood......
thx so much
sharon
58 days til we leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DL-5 times for me(before i was 13) and gonna be the first for my DH, DD14 soon to be 15,DS 12 and DD 10
WDW-Dec 04-pop century :wave2:

I would probably go over to the PP hotel you can watch the fire works from the pool deck. They even play the music. I dont think you can see them from CCI. There would be to many tall things in the way. The fireworks dont go that high in to the air.

For dinner you could eat in downtown disney. There are many places there. Or you could go to Goofy's for a character meal (spendy, but would get you in the disney mood!).

jokoky the same thing happened to us with our flight back. We were supposed to leave at 5:00 ish and then they bumped it to way later. The 5:00 worked great for us as we have a premium room at the CCI and late check out but with the changes they had us arriving back to Calgary really late so we had to switch the flight to noon departure so our last day is a right off but we would rather have that as we have a long drive home from the airport.

By any chance are you flying Air Canada, they seem to make a practice of always cancelling flights. If our times are flexible I always book the cheapest flight then when they cancel the flight (which has happened every time) we then ask to be moved to the flight we originally wanted LOL I guess this only works when you can be flexible though.

Looks like we will be coming home a couple of days before you leave (May 1-6) so I will make sure to post a trip report for you.

Last trip we had a similar arrival time as you and we stood at the top of main street near the big tree and watched the fireworks then we went to the Rain Forest Cafe for supper and walked around DT Disney the first night.

Anne

We always go to DTD and have dinner at the Rainforest Cafe, and then watch the fireworks from DTD. There are some spots you can get a pretty good view.

And after dinner? You might stroll by the Lego store!

DH and DS5 were relatively unenthused about all the things I was telling them about at Disneyland, which was very disappointing to me. (Though I figured it would change once we were actually there.) But when I mentioned the Lego store, Katie bar the door!!! They are both really revved to go now!

I don't get it...I like Legos, but this is what you are looking forward to at Disneyland?! :rolleyes:

albianne, yep, it is air canada...i just assumed the flight time changed, but they said it was actually cancelled.....first time for us flying with them....i guess it was lucky for us that it is on our arrival day and it is actually going to get us there 3 hours earlier so it is an added bonus....now i hope they dont change our departure time, we fly out at 10:30 am so that means almost 3 hours in the air, ferry and the drive so home by dinner.....i dont want it to be any later than that.....I look very forward to reading your trip report....we leave for vancouver on may 12th, so hopefully you will have it up by then, if u have any tips or pointers let me know....where are u staying at? Hope you have an amazing holiday and thanks for the tips about DTD and the fireworks and eating....
sharon

wow, thanks for all the great replies already, i truly appreciate it...i always like to hear what others do and what they like, it helps to give me ideas for our family
sharon :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter