• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

First Ride of the Trip

Stitch577

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!

I am bringing my grandmother on a Disney trip next spring. She has not been to Disney in at least 40 years, so I want to start her trip off strong. Our first day will be spent at Magic Kingdom, and I'm trying to choose the best first ride for her. The rides she would enjoy are:
-Under the Sea- Journey of The Little Mermaid
-Peter Pan's Flight
-Winnie the Pooh
-Small World
-Philharmagic
-PeopleMover
-Buzz Lighter
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Jungle Cruise
-Liberty Square Riverboat
-Haunted Mansion
-Country Bear Jamboree

Please help me decide what the best first ride would be, and tell me why you chose it. Thank you!

My grandmother's favourite is Small World, but I wouldn't let that drive our touring plan. Instead, I'd be trying to plan an optimal route to minimize the walking between rides, and let that drive my plans. With that said, I'd probably cut left to the Jungle Cruise, or cut right to Buzz.

You also didn't say how many days you'll be there with her. Trying to get all that in, in a single day, might be a bit much, as some of the rides could have pretty long wait times.

If you can get a FP, Haunetd Mansion. I'd hate to see you head there, though, on a busy day and spend an hour in line first thing in your trip.

Peter Pan on a FP wins for me every time! If it can't be my first ride for some reason, definitely one of the first three!

If you can get a FP for PP, do that, if not that would be the first stop due to long lines.
If you have a PP FP, then Haunted Mansion, followed by Pirates.

After this year, and for a multitude of reasons I'll not list here, the first ride has to be Small World.

Peter Pan on a FP wins for me every time! If it can't be my first ride for some reason, definitely one of the first three!
Man that line is always long. We usually do it late but it’s still a half hour wait. I don’t use FP for it. I save that for others. But I don’t blame you. It’s such a popular ride.

I am going to add another vote for Peter Pan. My wife loves that ride!

After that my choice would be Pirates then Haunted Mansion.

I really like the ride It's a Small World, the ride is fairly long, nostalgic, plenty to look at, relaxing . I love Peter Pan but it seems the ride goes by far to fast. Just something about that ride is so joyful, slow pace and makes me feel good. :love:So I will go against the grain and say It's a small world.

Definitely Peter Pan!
Pure Disney Magic!
Standby if you’re rope dropping if not FP before 10am.

Man that line is always long. We usually do it late but it’s still a half hour wait. I don’t use FP for it. I save that for others. But I don’t blame you. It’s such a popular ride.

Usually we squeeze in just a few hours at MK our first night to get the excitement out of the way for a good night's rest! So, 3-4 rides, dinner, then back to the resort. Makes it an easy choice for a FP on a "throwaway" evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter