First stay at Old Key West!

pumba's mom

Mouseketeer
Just returned from our first stay at Old Key West in a grand villa. When we checked in at 10am our room was not ready. They told us building 29 which was a great location so we were not concerned. Took off for the Magic Kingdom. Called several times to check on the room...still not ready. At 4pm we returned to the resort and the room was not ready so they switched us to building 48. A little further from the HH but closer to South Point bus stop and great view. Just would have preferred a room sooner.
Had dinner at Olivias which was very dissappointing. Food was ok but service was terrible. I did not recognize anyone from my previous visits to this restaurant.
Pool was good.. slide is fast...but they closed the slide one day for painting.
Overall I liked the resort and would definitely stay there again, but I do prefer the WLV and BCV layouts versus OKW.

Had dinner at Olivias which was very dissappointing. Food was ok but service was terrible. I did not recognize anyone from my previous visits to this restaurant.

That's too bad---We've always seen serves from prior visits...and always been very happy with Olvias. :)

We stayed in building 28 once, there is hardly no view because of the trees lining the fairway, which also makes the room dark. We were on the end right next to 29 and I noticed it was even more tree covered. So you were probably better off waiting for 48.

Check in time is 4 PM, so don't expect to get in any sooner than that. BTW, you were very lucky to get building 48 instead of 29! There is absolutely no view from 29. The view from 48 is great, and the proximatey to South Point bus stop is nice. We prefer that bus stop because it is so easy when coming home from the parks being the second stop. We also prefer the South Point pool.

but I do prefer the WLV and BCV layouts versus OKW.
I'm assuming you mean the attachment to a hotel ?
Glad you enjoyed OKW for the most part (the GV must have been awesome :cool1: )......sorry you didn't enjoy the dining experience at Olivia's though. We really look forward to our meals there.

but I do prefer the WLV and BCV layouts versus OKW.

Do you mean the layout of the GV's? BCV doesn't have them, and it is hard to compare the GV layout to a 2 bedroom layout anywhere. We have not seen the two story BWV GV, but the one level one looked pretty spectacular. I love the bridge in the OKW GVs and the fact that each bedroom seems so seperate and private. The master suite in the OKW GV is quite a bit larger than the master in the 1-2 bedroom units at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter