• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time ABD Trip July England/France

JVplatinum

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
We are going on our first ABD trip this summer to London/Paris.

A few questions to help out our first timers:
1) For dinner on our own, what time usually will our own free time start?
2) Does anyone have a detailed schedule from past trips besides what is online?
3) Any restaurant recommendations? I am researching online options and just curious if anyone had good experiences to share.

Thanks

While I went on that trip, we pretty much just found restaurants around the hotel we happened to be in, so I don't think I will be able to help.

As well, there were no set times as far "on your own" time. Best advice there is to ask the guides the days before for an estimate.

Thanks Steven. I was looking at the restaurants around the hotels as well, any specific recommendations or any other specific recommendations overall for the trip?

Your best bet is to eat at the hotel

They will have a choice of menu .... and could offer something else

Most places will be sit down table service

Breakfast should be Full English and /or continental breads cold meats

Sit down at tables at all meals

Your ABD guides will have recommendations for dinner (or any meals that are on your own). Now, to be fair, my family are not foodies. But some of our most memorable meals ever are the ones that our local guide recommended in Italy. And he helped with reservations too.

Both hotels will have higher end restaurants nearby, both in the hotel and within walking distance.

If you get the chance, I recommend getting a steak pie or other classic pub dish. You go to a pub one day for lunch, but when in England for a few days, you can't have too much pub food.

Paris has very good Italian food and pizza if you want something different. French food can get expensive. There is also good Chinese food in the neighborhood near the Louvre, for lunch on that day.

I’ve found I don’t love fancy French food, but really like cafe and boulangerie food. It’s a bit “down scale” but to me, more enjoyable than the upscale fussy, and somewhat bland classic French cuisine.

One of my favorite restaurants in Paris is Le Soufflé. I go every time I'm in town 🤩 https://www.lesouffle.fr/bienvenue/accueil/
Welp, now I want a Beef Bourginon souffle and nowhere in town to get one...

My brother took us here https://www.relaisentrecote.fr/?page_id=205&lang=en_GB - it was not the best steak of my life, but it was fun, and all you can eat.

We also went to Bistrot Richelieu on a whim and it was the best decision... everyone loved every dish we got and I'd definitely go back.

We also go to Poilane every time we are in Paris - their shortbread and flan are treats I dream of.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter