First Time at Animal Kingdom Lodge

You certainly won't be disappointed by AKL. The ability to see all the animals and the beautiful lobby. I stayed at Christmas time before and the decorations are great. The restaurants there are beautiful as well. Make sure when you are there to go over to the Kidani Village side of the resort and see the animals there and maybe eat lunch at Sanaa. I also love the main pool at the Lodge--zero entry and normally very quiet. Also, if it matters to you, 2 health clubs--one at the Lodge and one at Kidani. I don't have to say have a great time, because i know you will.

Wow!! That view looks AWESOME!!! MY excitement level just went through the roof!! Lol!!!
We had a standard room this April with the same type of top-notch animal view. You can get it (if it's available) by requesting a room on the Kudu Trail. The reason these rooms aren't classified as savanna is that they don't feature the sweeping savanna landscape, but instead have watering & feeding areas for the animals outside. This actually insures that there are animals outside 24/7!

I'm surprised that Disney hasn't cashed in on this phenomenon yet by classifying it as "partial savanna view" and charging more than for standard rooms. I'm not complaining, though.

Sanaa at Kidani Village is often overlooked, but is a delicious wonderful restaurant, and has a gorgeous viewing area right outside!!

Also, at the back end of the pool at Kidani, there is a discreet but amazing viewing area.

It is a gorgeous resort, and I have never heard negative things; and have no complaints from my stays there!!

We were just there from Oct. 16-23rd. Loved it. Had a Savannah view studio. Saw Giraffes, Zebras, Ostrich, and others from our room. My DD played Mancala with a CM in the lobby. We dropped her off at Simba's Clubhouse and enjoyed a dinner at Sanaa which was wonderful. We had no problems with buses or anything while we were there.

AKL is pure magic. we stayed at kidani village last Jan and loved how quite and private it is. this Jan, we are staying at Jambo house. looking forward to a bigger resort feel. There is a shuttle that will take you from one to the other.
AKL feels like it's in it's own bubble, it's beautiful.

There's been so much great input on this thread! Thanks everyone! Literally counting down the days to arrival!!!!! 32 DAYS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter