first time camper to FW questions

colemanfun

Earning My Ears
We are planning our first trip to FW campground arriving this January 1 and departing January 6, 2002. We are camping in a Coleman Caravan Travel Trailer and have a two adults and two teenage boys 17 & 13. We wanted to arrive on 12/31/01, but have been unable to get a spot yet. Our reservation is for a non-preferred full hook-up site. Would love some response to the following questions:

(1) Have heard loops away from the main road are nice. We are bringing our bikes. Which loops are best? Can we select our loop preference when we arrive?

(2) We are going to be there five full days counting our arrival day and are debating which tickets to buy. Someone said you can purchase a consecutive 3-day, 3-park ticket there. Would we be better doing this and spending the balance of our time in FW or should we purchase a 4-day park hopper pass? I think that would cost a family of four about $250.00 more?

(3) The last time we were at Disney was just for the day at Magic Kingdom nine years ago? We assume there will be plenty for the teenage guys to enjoy?

(4) Any other suggestions would be appreciated. We want to see a lot, but just don't want to wear ourselves out?

Thanks,

Joe:jester:

There's tons for your family to do at WDW and at FW. Just read the theme park board for ideas, and I would also buy (or borrow) a guidebook.

I would get the 4 day park hoppers. Your other choice is to get bounce-back tickets for 3 days, but then you'll miss one park entirely and only get to spend each day at one park. The hopper will leave you with an extra day that never expires, and you'll be able to park hop to get the most out of your stay.

Answering questions in order asked:

1) All sites are beautiful and immaculate though staying away from the main road keeps you away from the large buses that provide transportation to the parks and other facilities. Interestingly, I was given the option to drive to my assigned spot and change if I did not like it. They were very accomodating so long as the place was not booked solid. I did find arriving early in the day was very helpful.

2) This may seem like an odd way to reason but my wife and I practice it with annual passes. If you like Disney and would like to return next year, you could get either six day hoppers (they never expire) and use half the days this year and half next allowing you to save both by buying in quantity and by locking in this years prices or if you would like more days consider the AP's.

3) Ton's for the teenage guys, even in MK. They should also consider heading to the two water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach). They will have a blast as a diversion from the theme parks.

4) Big thing, go slow. The parks are made up of much more than the attractions (or rides). They are pristine places of architectural and landscape artistry. The shows are well worth attending. Leverage the EZPass systems, they will save you time. Don't overbook your restaurant time, consider maybe even eating lunch at around 2:00pm (you get lunch prices and really don't feel like eating again until after the parks close). Saves you both money and time during the hours the parks are open. Obtain the latest park hours list when you get there for the duration of your stay. It will allow you to go to the early open parks first and end your days in the parks that close the latest.

Hope this helps and enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!

Non perferred sites are very nice they just dont have cable tv. We like 900 loop ,you can request a loop on your reservation . Bikes are the key , it is so much easier to get around. take time to enjoy the campground , ride your bikes on path to Wilderness Lodge and walk around. When you go to MK ride bikes down to settlement depot and take the boat.I have not heared about 3 day tickets . I buy park hopper pass . you can spend day in one park evening in another { to catch a parade or fireworks show} . it depends on your budget 3 days of parks should be enough . Kids would enjoy Blizzard Beach.
***Take time to relax and Enjoy the Campgroung it is the best part.
have a great trip!
:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the reccomendations. Isn't loop 1500 for partial hook-ups only? What about 800 and 900? Are they 'roomy and private'? or would I be better served in 1200-1300 or all the way back to 1800-1900?

Joe

Yes, the 1500 is a partial loop (mainly for tenters and pop ups). There's only water and electricity hook ups on this loop. On the other hand the location is great, just across from the Meadows (with the GOOD trading post, bike barn, tennis courts, campfire/movies and main pool).:)

Loops 600-1900 are your non preferred, excluding 1500

You might want to fax you request 4 days in advance. See www.wdwig.com for a great Request Fax example.

Grumpy.

Do you have any particular nice, quiet, and private sites you would recommend in the non-preferred full hook-up areas you mentioned.

Thanks,

Joe:jester:

We like the 1300, 1100 or 900. They are not huge loops and we like the proximity near the Meadow trading post area. The campground is very wooded compared to other campgrounds so this helps to cutdown on some of the noise. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter