• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time going in years, looking for advice

NYRFan21

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, first time posting

So my wife and I are going 1-8 to 1-12 and there are a couple reservations we want to try to get and I wasn’t sure about a few things.

So the two we definitely want to try for are:

Space 220 - any time or date
California Grill - 1/11 at 8:00

We are staying at Contemporary but I’m not sure how the process works, I know we get the 60 days in advance plus the days we are there(up to ten). Do I have to go through a certain process or link for the 10 day plus advance reservations? I want to make sure I don’t screw this up. I’m not certain If it just shows up with the extra days like when I go into the reservation screen now.

Of the two reservations which should I go for first?

I’m sure I’m missing a question or two but I’ll remember at some juncture.

Thanks in advance!

The way the 60 days plus ten works is it’s 60 days in advance and it’ll cover the first 10 days of your trip. So if you’re booked for 2 weeks, they would only let you book until day 10 at the 60 days mark for the first day of your trip. Any days after the initial 10 days of your trip will still be 60 days out, but you’d need to book those 60 days prior to each of those additional days.

Go for California Grill first, those are harder to come by for the time you’re looking at getting. Since you have flexibility for 220, you’ll be more likely to snag a reasonable time still once you’re finished booking Cali.

The way the 60 days plus ten works is it’s 60 days in advance and it’ll cover the first 10 days of your trip. So if you’re booked for 2 weeks, they would only let you book until day 10 at the 60 days mark for the first day of your trip. Any days after the initial 10 days of your trip will still be 60 days out, but you’d need to book those 60 days prior to each of those additional days.

Go for California Grill first, those are harder to come by for the time you’re looking at getting. Since you have flexibility for 220, you’ll be more likely to snag a reasonable time still once you’re finished booking Cali.
Yup! As long as you have the hotel reservation linked in your/your wife's MDE, it should automatically allow you to book the 60+4 (since you're staying 4 nights). Can be glitchy sometimes though so recommend having you both try. Reservations open at 6am EST and they can go pretty fast so recommend getting set up about 10-15 min early, especially since sometimes they can release slightly ahead of time. If you can't get a reservation at first, randomly lurking or setting up an alert helps too!

Edit: Removed link as it was blocked.

Yup! As long as you have the hotel reservation linked in your/your wife's MDE, it should automatically allow you to book the 60+4 (since you're staying 4 nights). Can be glitchy sometimes though so recommend having you both try. Reservations open at 6am EST and they can go pretty fast so recommend getting set up about 10-15 min early, especially since sometimes they can release slightly ahead of time. If you can't get a reservation at first, randomly lurking or setting up an alert helps too!

Edit: Removed link as it was blocked.
Seconding all of this!

Also, if you’re looking for those two locations, I also highly recommend checking out Garden Grill for a meal while you’re at EPCOT and Jungle Navigation Co. at Magic Kingdom. They are some hidden gems that not a lot of people know about. 😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter