• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time Solo-Do I still need to make ADR's?

Montana Minnies

A New Generation of Mouseketeers
Hi, this has probably been asked a number of times, but it's my first time going solo. As a single/ solo diner do I still need to make ADR's for Table Service?
Traveling Solo Oct.11-16. 2021

Yes! If you want table service you will need reservations. I made this mistake my first solo trip and went without any...I was turned away from so many places and this was pre Mobile apps. I ended up taking a break in the room to make the call to get reservations for the week. Nowadays, you can check availability on your phone and probably find something...but I learned my lesson and would never go without reservations if I wanted to eat somewhere specific. There are some places you can sit at the bar and might not need a reservation but I prefer a table...

Especially if you want get be our guest or another sought after dining location. I plan on making mine on the 60 day mark

Solo pro-tip…select ADRs as two people instead of one. I have found I get better time offers looking as a double rather than single. Disney won’t care when you show up as just one.

One caveat tho, for ADRs with a credit card guarantee if you don’t show at all they will bill you for both fees.

for table service you definitely need reservations - even at your hotel. that say I generally go with counter service - WDW knows to expect crowds - so your late in lines is generally not like your local counter service.

I always do TS for lunch for a break and eat something lighter at dinner. If I really want specific restaurants...Hollywood Brown Derby at HS or Skipper Canteen at MK, for example...definitely need those ADRs...in the theme parks. At some resort restaurants you can get away with no ADR if you are willing to sit at the bar.

Planning out mine so I'm ready exactly 60 days prior to my Nov/Dec trip!:donald:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter