First Time Standard View AKL Kidani Stay

bnlbebes

Mouseketeachers
Confused about what requests to make for our first stay at AKL Kidani in a standard 2BR lock-off. Not expecting much of a view from any of the balconies. Thinking of requesting to be in units closest to walkway to Jambo House in order to have easier access to busses and amenities at Jambo? Is a walk back and forth to Jambo doable? Any other request suggestions?

The walk back and forth to Jambo is very doable. We do it regardless of where we are in Kidani, usually by walking indoors to the Zazu elevator. Close to Timon might be the sweet spot as you will be nearer the Kidani bus stop and very walkable to Jambo as well.

Attachments

• Kidani Rooms.JPG
    Kidani Rooms.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 59
Although the walk to Jambo is quite doable, be aware that Kidani hallways are LONG, and when I asked for a room near the path to Jambo (I love Mara), it was a very long walk from the elevator to my room. But being near Jambo was important, so I didn't mind.
Looking at the map, I was way past Zazu elevator, in the last "pod". But once I got on the elevator, it was a short way to Jambo.

See this map: https://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/Kindani_Village_Map.jpg. The lobby faces west and thus you have a north wing (pool and Pembe savanna) and a south wing (bus station). If you you walked the hallway from the south end of the building to the other north end of the building, you would walk about 2/3 mile (Kidani is among the longest single hotel-type buildings in the world, and by "world" I mean on earth not just WDW).

On the map you will see three red "AED" signs along each of the two wings in the building . The elevators are located at each of those sign areas. On the north wing, the Rafiki elevator is between the second and third building units from the lobby and the Pumbaa elevator between the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby. On the south wing, the Timon elevator is between the second and third building units from the lobby and the Zazu elevator between the fifth and sixth. Jambo is off the map to the right of the south wing. The first floor of the building is mostly an under- building parking lot (the restaurants are on the first floor under the lobby).

All rooms on the Sunset savanna side of the building are savanna view rooms. The standards are on the other side of the building and are located:

a. Rooms in the first four building units from the lobby on the south wing are standard view and have view of road, a small parking lot, the back of the bus station, or area in front of lobby. There are no rooms, standard or otherwise, on that side of the building in the remaining buildings units on the south wing. The shortest walk (about 1/4 mile) from the building to Jambo front entrance is down the Zazu elevator to the parking lot first floor. The Kidani lobby front entrance is about 1/2 mile from the Jambo front entrance and there is a bus that runs day and evening about every fifteen minutes from the Kidani front entrance area to Jambo's. If you want room as close as a standard view room can get to the Zazu elevator, you should likely request a room on the south wing as far from the lobby as a standard view room can be. If you would rather be fairly near the lobby with the shortest trip to the bus station request a room near the Timon elevator.

b. The first three building units, and about half the fourth building unit, from the lobby on the north wing have standard view rooms facing the front entrance area, the pool area (lower floor rooms mainly just see a hill leading to the pool), and rooms in that half part of the fourth building unit have a partial Pembe savanna view. If you want the shortest possible trip from the building to a gate to the pool area, request a room near the Rafiki elevator. Down that elevator to ground, parking lot floor, provides a short walk up a path to a gate fairly close to the pool.

c. All the rooms on the Pembe savanna side of the sixth and seventh building units from the lobby on the north wing have Pembe savanna view. They were made standard view because the outer perimeter fence of the savanna is not far from the building there but you still get a good view of animals (but Pembe savanna has no giraffes or zebras). Best request to make to get one of those rooms is for a room near the Pumbaa elevator, which is between the two building units. Just be aware that getting that request means you will have a very long walk to lobby, store, restaurants, and bus station.

Last edited:
Our last stay in a standard view 2-bedroom at Kidani we requested near the Kidani lobby. We we on the first floor, very close to the lobby (second building I think)… when we walked out our door, there was a door directly across the hall that led to a balcony overlooking the savanna. Every night when we returned to the room went there and watched the giraffes. It wasn’t the large viewing area and we always had this area to ourselves. There was a treat in the tree there and the young giraffe would work on getting it every night… it was honestly better than any savanna room view we’ve had. Obviously not at all close to Jambo, but you could walk out the lobby and jump on the shuttle!

a. Rooms in the first four building units from the lobby on the south wing are standard view and have view of road, a small parking lot, the back of the bus station, or area in front of lobby. There are no rooms, standard or otherwise, on that side of the building in the remaining buildings units on the south wing. The shortest walk (about 1/4 mile) from the building to Jambo front entrance is down the Zazu elevator to the parking lot first floor. The Kidani lobby front entrance is about 1/2 mile from the Jambo front entrance and there is a bus that runs day and evening about every fifteen minutes from the Kidani front entrance area to Jambo's.

Our last stay in a standard view 2-bedroom at Kidani we requested near the Kidani lobby. We we on the first floor, very close to the lobby (second building I think)… when we walked out our door, there was a door directly across the hall that led to a balcony overlooking the savanna. Every night when we returned to the room went there and watched the giraffes. It wasn’t the large viewing area and we always had this area to ourselves. There was a treat in the tree there and the young giraffe would work on getting it every night… it was honestly better than any savanna room view we’ve had. Obviously not at all close to Jambo, but you could walk out the lobby and jump on the shuttle!

I had no idea that there was a shuttle running between Kidani and Jambo. Thanks for that info!

any chance you remember the room number? I would love to request that room on an upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter