First Time to DL Questions

princesssonny

Mouseketeer
Hi,
I have been to WDW several times and my family would like to try DL next time. I was thinking of getting the City Pass for So California. Is a 3 day park hopper enough time to see everything at Disneyland?

Thanks

Are you a commando-style visitor of WDW? Then the answer is a definite YES. If you like to take your time, and savor the little things (and by the way, there are a lot of the "little things" at DL) then I would think for a first time visitor, 4 days might be better. I was a recent first time visitor to DL after, oh, about 40 trips to WDW, and I needed all of the 4 days-in fact I didn't get to do it all--and we were there at rope drop, took advantage of early entry, etc. Even after having done all my homework, there were some things I still wanted to do, and ran out of time. Hope this helps. That being said, the So.Cal Pass is a great bargain. I just wanted more time at the parks to take advantage of some of the special events that were going on.

It also depends on what time of year you go. If it is in the middle of the summer you may miss some things that you really wanted to see. For my family, 3 days is plenty. We generally go off season though and see mainly what the boys want to see.

3 days is a minimum IMO. During busier times you will probbaly not be able to see all the shows, but you will be able to do a lot. Especially if you stay at a nearby hotel.

I was trying to go the week of Memorial Day. Am I crazy for doing this or should I wait until the following week?

3 days at a minimum. I think that 4 days is perfect with at least one of them being Friday or Saturday to see the fireworks. Do try to go during the week though.

princesssonny said:
I was trying to go the week of Memorial Day. Am I crazy for doing this or should I wait until the following week?

We went one year the week of Memorial Day. We also had three day park hoppers. We went T/W that week and it was a little crowded, but DH got strep throat so we went home. Crowds were not too bad that week though. Once again if you check the hours that they are opened that is a good indicator as to what they think crowds will be like. I know that starting soon after that you have grad nights, so they close the park early for those graduating seniors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter