• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time trying to book DL resort with points...

Deemarch

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had luck doing this? I am planning ahead for our 20th Anniversary in November 2020. Just wondering if it is going to be possible or should I just try to save the cash???

Has anyone had luck doing this? I am planning ahead for our 20th Anniversary in November 2020. Just wondering if it is going to be possible or should I just try to save the cash???

Booking at 7 months for VGC can be tough, especially if you want a studio. If you have direct points to trade for Disneyland Hotel, that's not generally difficult, just expensive.

Always have a backup plan if you do not own VGC and have firm dates.

If you don’t have home resort points at VGC, then you might be better off renting out your points, and using the cash you raise to book a cash reservation.

Booking at 7 months for VGC can be tough, especially if you want a studio. If you have direct points to trade for Disneyland Hotel, that's not generally difficult, just expensive.

Always have a backup plan if you do not own VGC and have firm dates.
I am saving points for this trip, so I'm glad to hear that it's not that difficult to get the DLH on points! Thanks!

If you don’t have home resort points at VGC, then you might be better off renting out your points, and using the cash you raise to book a cash reservation.
I don't think I can be bothered to do that, but thanks for the idea.

We stayed once at Grand Californian by using points in exchange for a regular room. It was a wonderful stay, but very point expensive. It is otherwise not difficult at all to stay at the Disneyland hotels with points. They are part of the Disney Collection, and, since you will be getting a regular hotel room, not a DVC suite, they tend to be readily available.

I have also booked several times at the 7 month window. Be up, signed on, ready to book at the MOMENT that the computer opens them. Have two or three browser windows open. Try for a Studio, a one bedroom, and a two bedroom. If you do this at 5 AM (or whatever time it is for you), and if you have practiced it on other days, at 5 AM, to see what it is like, and if you are very fast, you might well get it.

I've had luck at 7 months but for a set in stone trip if that didn't work out (and I owned direct points) I'd book a DLH room on points instead.

I was able to book Sun thru Tues in a 1 bedroom the second week of December right at 8am at 7 months. We have 5 people going so really wanted the 1 bedroom with the extra bathroom. Very excited to stay there.

We booked a 1-bedroom at VGC at the 7 month mark for a March trip. As others have said, studios are trickier. When in November are you planning? If it's around Thanksgiving you may be out of luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter