First timer outside of DCL, how is Adventure of the Seas?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the southern caribbean cruise in Oct 2015 on the Adventure of the Seas, how is this ship, this will be the first time we have sailed with anybody other than Disney, will we be happy with this ship?
Thanks for any information?

My first non-Disney cruise was on Adventure of the Seas. I knew it was going to be Disney, and I was prepared for that, so had kind of low expectations. We were WOW'ed! The ship is lovely, and we found most things to be at least as good as Disney, except for the main stage shows. We were on a TransAtlantic cruise, so there were some additional entertainers, some of whom we had seen on Disney.

The ship is nicely laid out, with the Royal Promenade in the middle, which gives you a nice place to people watch indoors (in case the weather is bad), which you just don't get on Disney. The main dining room food was about the same, we liked the Windjammer better than any of the Disney buffets since it's open most of the day, and had a bigger variety. It doesn't have the outdoor eating area.

The rooms are a little smaller, and unless you're in a suite there's no bathtub, but we found that there was a bit more storage for all of our stuff.

We're an older couple not traveling with kids, and we had a great time. We're taking our third Royal cruise in 13 days, and our fourth in 17 days! We haven't taken a Disney cruise a while, and probably won't until there are either new itineraries or better prices. We've found that Royal is just a better deal for the money, and we haven't felt that we sacrificed anything.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Beth

My first non-Disney cruise was on Adventure of the Seas. I knew it was going to be Disney, and I was prepared for that, so had kind of low expectations. We were WOW'ed! The ship is lovely, and we found most things to be at least as good as Disney, except for the main stage shows. We were on a TransAtlantic cruise, so there were some additional entertainers, some of whom we had seen on Disney.

The ship is nicely laid out, with the Royal Promenade in the middle, which gives you a nice place to people watch indoors (in case the weather is bad), which you just don't get on Disney. The main dining room food was about the same, we liked the Windjammer better than any of the Disney buffets since it's open most of the day, and had a bigger variety. It doesn't have the outdoor eating area.

The rooms are a little smaller, and unless you're in a suite there's no bathtub, but we found that there was a bit more storage for all of our stuff.

We're an older couple not traveling with kids, and we had a great time. We're taking our third Royal cruise in 13 days, and our fourth in 17 days! We haven't taken a Disney cruise a while, and probably won't until there are either new itineraries or better prices. We've found that Royal is just a better deal for the money, and we haven't felt that we sacrificed anything.

If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Beth

Hey Beth
Thank you sooooooo much for all the info......Have you by any chance done the cruise to New England/Canada? We are also looking at doing that one on the Brilliance of the Seas ship?

Hey Beth
Thank you sooooooo much for all the info......Have you by any chance done the cruise to New England/Canada? We are also looking at doing that one on the Brilliance of the Seas ship?

I haven't done the New England/Canada cruise with Royal, but I'm thinking about it for next year. Brilliance is a smaller, older ship, but it looks just lovely.

I did do the Canada cruise that Disney offered in 2012, which didn't stop in New England. I loved Halifax and St. John so much that I took the same cruise a second time that season. In fact, I was on the first Canada cruise and the last LOL!!!

Beth

Hey Beth

I have sailed on Adventure of the Seas twice (7-night Caribbean and 14-night Transatlantic), as well as on sister ships Explorer of the Seas (Canada) and Mariner of the Seas (Mexican Riviera). Adventure of the Seas is a nice ship, but I prefer RCI's smaller Radiance and Vision-class ships. I have sailed on Brilliance of the Seas (12-night Norway), as well as sister ship Jewel (12-night Baltic). We are booked on a 14-night Canada/New England repo cruise on Serenade of the Seas in October 2015.

I usually choose a cruise by the itinerary first, and then the ship.

I have sailed on Adventure of the Seas twice (7-night Caribbean and 14-night Transatlantic), as well as on sister ships Explorer of the Seas (Canada) and Mariner of the Seas (Mexican Riviera). Adventure of the Seas is a nice ship, but I prefer RCI's smaller Radiance and Vision-class ships. I have sailed on Brilliance of the Seas (12-night Norway), as well as sister ship Jewel (12-night Baltic). We are booked on a 14-night Canada/New England repo cruise on Serenade of the Seas in October 2015. I usually choose a cruise by the itinerary first, and then the ship.

What did you think of brilliance of the seas that's probably the cruise we will be on because I also have chosen the itinerary first and really want to go to New England and Canada? Also why do you prefer The smaller ships?

What did you think of brilliance of the seas that's probably the cruise we will be on because I also have chosen the itinerary first and really want to go to New England and Canada? Also why do you prefer The smaller ships?

Brilliance and its sisters are beautiful ships with a lot of glass. It isn't a "small" ship by any means - just smaller than the megaships that cruise lines are churning out these days. I don't need the bells and whistles that are on the newer & bigger ships, and I prefer the Radiance-class ships' vertical atrium (Centrum) to the horizontal Royal Promenade on the Voyager-class ships and their larger siblings.

Since you want to see New England and Canada, I suggest you compare RCI's Canada and New England itineraries on both Serenade and Brilliance. The cruises on Serenade are longer, and you will see more of both Canada and New England: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/finda...p=SR&experience=&submit=Find+Cruises&state=NA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter