First Trip to WDW!!! Need Tips!

Kykayejt'smommy

Earning My Ears
I have become overwhelmed with the amount of time one can spend surfin the internet for tips! We are going to WDW the end of June - July 4th (Sun. afternoon - Fri. eve.) and have Ultimate Hopper's. My kiddos ages are 4, 6 1/2 & 8. We will be staying in a Fort Wilderness Cabin. We will not have a car.

Has anyone stayed in the cabins and have any tips? I've heard that I can order groceries at Netgrocer.com and have them delivered to our cabin?

Any suggestions for the 4th? For which parks/attractions to see which days? We have PS for bkfst in Epcot Tues. and at Rainforest Cafe (AK) Thurs. eve.

I have a lot more questions but I think that I have enough time to post a few at a time!!

Thank you in advance for your help!

:bounce:

Hello and WELCOME to the DIS!! :)

You've found the best source of WDW information on the web right here,if I do say so myself! ;)

I've never been there on the 4th of July but from what I hear from my friend that works there EPCOT is the place to see fireworks that night!

Keep visiting our boards and I promise you'll find all your answers!

Welcome! My dh, mom, and 2 ds's, ages 3 and 7 at the time, and I stayed in the cabins last June and LOVED them! FW is wonderful. I was a little hesitant because I'm not really a nature girl, but it was peaceful, private, and a wonderful escape!

We didn't rent a car either, but we were picked up by Tiffany Town Car and they did a grocery stop for us at Publix. I had made my list ahead of time, and dh and I ran in and got everything we needed for the week.

Make sure you eat breakfast at least one time at the Trails End Buffeteria. We ate there on the day we left, and I have to say it was one of the better breakfasts and cheapest we've eaten at WDW. I think the adult buffet was $8 or $9. Something like that. Also, one night we ordered a pizza for take out and it was pretty good!

My 3 y/o loved the pony ride, and both boys LOVED the Hoop De Doo!

You will LOVE the cabins...if you have any other questions, let me know!

I'm feeling better already! It sure helps to talk to someone who has actually been there. Would it be a good idea to request a cabin close to transportation? Thanks for the ideas!:p

There was a bus stop close to the beginning or end of every loop. We stayed at a cabin towards the end of a loop. I requested to be closer to the bus stop because of traveling with young kids and my mom. I actually faxed a loop request along with a request for a bed rail about a week prior to our arrival. Everything was perfect when we checked in.

You might want to check out the camping board for more tips...I know there is another website with strictly cabin information but I can't remember the name of it. Someone on the camping board would know. The website has a map of FW with the loop #'s on it.

Are you renting one of those golf carts? We didn't rent one and we really didn't need it. I could see where it would be fun for the kids to ride around in it, but to me, it wasn't worth the extra $$. The bus system within FW worked quite well, once you get the hang of it!

Have a great time!

I stayed in the cabins with my husband and two daughters (ages 7 and 3 at the time). The cabins are absolutely wonderful! I stayed there during the 4th of July. You can see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom at the beach at FW. It was great for the kids. The bus stop was not far from the cabin. Neither was the pool or laundry facility. It was very convenient to ride the ferry boat across to Magic Kingdom. It drops you right off at the entrance! It may also be helpful to rent golf cart for all or part of your stay. FW is very big and it's nice to ride the golf cart, especially if you are going to the back of the resort to catch the ferry boat or other buses to the parks. The food in the stores on FW propery is very expensive. We always go the nearby Publix off property.
It is a wonderful resort and a great place to stay with children. Although the cabins are only about 10 feet away from each other, you feel very secluded and feel as if you have lots of privacy. I will also be at WDW this forth of July week. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter