First Week in Decemeber tell me the good and bad!!!

VickynMicMouse

Disney World or Bust !!!
:)
We go usually the 2nd week in May......I want to take the grandkids the first week in December for Christmas. Tell me the good and bad about this time of year.

I’ve gone many times then. Highs ranged from high 40’s to low 80’s. You really can’t pack in advance. I’ve worn shorts the whole time to none at all. I’ve taken a light jacket or a winter coat (can get cold at night).

Great to see all the decorations and shows.

First week of December is an excellent time to go! Its well after the rainy season so you'll not likely need rain gear. Temperatures can vary widely though, with lows down in the 40's and highs up in the 80's. All on the same weekend. Just keep an eye on the forecast as you pack layers.

As other's have said,, the only bad thing would be you can't know what the weather is going to do. I've been the first part of December and been swimming, I'm from Ga. and you aren't getting me in a pool unless it's at least 77 outside. I've also been the first part of December and had to bundle up in a coat and gloves (again from Ga. so I'm cold when it's in the 50s). Layers are your friend and you just need to pack for warm to cool to cold. I have had rain in December but nothing like the moonsoons in the summer and fall. Otherwise, the crowds aren't bad and the parks are all dressed up nice and pretty.

We've only ever been to DW that first week in December and been blessed by mostly decent weather. I would say two out of our three trips have been sandal appropriate. Can't recall that there has ever been much rain. And the best part is that you will have the pool practically to yourself. (Disclaimer: we are Canadians and so Orlando winters are "practically" our summers :P) Crowd-wise, we don't have anything to compare it to, but it seemed pretty crowded on all three trips including December 2020. After much research before our first trip, it seemed as though it was a bit of a golden week for reduced crowds, but since then (2018) stats are kind of reflecting it's not the low crowd sweet spot any longer.

The first week of December used to be our go to time to visit WDW. It never seemed overly crowded and the weather was nice when we were there. However, we are from Minnesota, so anything above 60 is "hot" to us, LOL.
We actually loved going to WDW at that time, but switched to Spring due to husbands work.
I need to mention the beautiful Christmas decorations. I would go to HS just for their decorations alone. They had the old fashioned silver tinsel and lights the last 2 times we visited. The resorts are lovely too. Just a wonderful atmosphere.

Can’t tell you how thrilled I am to have just started booking a Nov 27 - Dec 11 trip. We love that time of year, or just before the Thanksgiving rush. Canadians, also, so extreme heat & humidity are not our friends! We have been blessed with warm days most of the time, warm enough for pools and water parks, and enjoy the cooler evenings. Nothing wrong with a couple extra layers on, we probably left home wearing them, anyway. It just makes it that much nicer to enjoy warm (and adult) beverages as we stroll.

LOVE the holiday decorations!

The first 10 days of December are my favorite time to go, I think I've done 5 trips in that time frame, and have one planned for this December as well. The weather is usually perfect for this New Englander, though we have run into cold snaps a couple of times; I just make sure I check the weather the week before so that I know how to pack.

Crowds are usually quite manageable, though I'm starting to worry about this year as there seems to be so much pent up demand for travel. I booked a room only so far (waiting to see if APs come back, and Southwest hasn't opened their schedule for December yet), and 2 weeks later the prices more than doubled for what was available. At the moment I'm grateful I booked when I did. I actually have 2 reservations currently, one at CSR, and one at the Swan, not sure which I'm keeping yet. I really want to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but the hotel isn't open yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Disney opens more resorts before the end of the year.

Everything is decorated so beautifully, Christmas is my favorite. The Christmas party is worth doing as well IMHO, my last trip was in December of 2019, and even with a sold out party the crowds weren't too bad. If they don't end up doing a full party this year I may skip, not sure yet.

We always go beginning of Dec and it is our favorite time. You get all the glitz and glamour of Christmas without the crazy crowds. Not sure of any negatives....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter