• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fishing Excursion Photos

Colson39

Ft. Wilderness or bust!
Just in case some of you don't read the news on this site, I wanted to post a link that they just posted on the DIS for those of you interested in the fishing excursions. These aren't all from the Fort, but you'll get the general idea. There are quite a few photos from it, I've personally never been on it but I've heard it's a blast!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photos/fishing-bay-lake/index.htm#5

Don't see any of these in those pictures anywhere :lmao:

8lbs. caught in the morning
8poundnumber1.jpg

4lbs.
IMG_3073.jpg

3lbs.
IMG_3133.jpg

8lbs. caught in the evening on the same day as the 8lb'der in the morning
8poundnumber2.jpg

4lb. smallie
IMG_6185.jpg

4lbs.
IMG_6181.jpg

If you notice Mandy (the yellow lab) she knows what was coming later in the evening popcorn:: If you notice Beau (the other dog) you can see a sea sick dog :sick:. All in all a profitable morning, limited out on Walleye, 4 lb smallmouth, a sea sick mommy :sick: , a sea sick Dana :sick: , a sea sick Beau :sick: and a drenching bilge pump on HIGH PUMP ride against the waves :sail: back to the ramp...normal early May fishing at Lake Erie :thumbsup2

The business end of an 8lb. Walleye
IMG_3139.jpg

Still have some fillets in the freezer :woohoo:

Bringing the gear with us in two weeks, hopefully get into some of them "Florida Bass" that'll drag the Watermouse around :banana:

Lake Erie...............marble eyes..........:thumbsup2

But be prepared to get blasted by some for killing those poor creatures....

But be prepared to get blasted by some for killing those poor creatures....

Yeah I know, from the same people that go to the freezer section and by frozen fish sticks :rolleyes1

I went on the fishing excurision last year as part of the premium package (gotta get your money's worth :) )

It was my first ever time fishing and was just my husband, myself and the guide.

It was a lot of fun, but the best part was when I caught a fish and pulled it in just as a parking lot ferry was passing.

Everyone on that side of the boat cheered !

I don't think anyone is going to blast you around here for eating the fish you catch, we aren't like that ;) Plus those fish look yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! :P

Great pics by the way!!

I don't hunt, but DH does. He always eats what he kills. And if he doesn't want it, he gives it someone who will eat it. Same with fishing.

We did the bass fishing excursion in Nov 2004. It was so much fun. Just DH, me & the guide. He took us over to Epcot in World Showcase. We were pulling up som BIG fish! The best time DH has ever had in WDW!

I wonder how many DISers are deer hunters????

My great-grandpa, grandpa, uncle, and husband have always been deer hunters, and it was normal to always have a freezer full of venison in the winter! :thumbsup2

But, since we've down here to Florida, DH has started fishing instead. I miss the venison, but fresh fish is good too!

And, since this has veered away from talking about the Fort, I'm moving it to the Camping Community Board!

Don't see any of these in those pictures anywhere :lmao:

4lb. smallie
IMG_6185.jpg

Bringing the gear with us in two weeks, hopefully get into some of them "Florida Bass" that'll drag the Watermouse around :banana:

I've always wanted to fish for small mouth bass! I'm originally from Texas so I grew up fishing with my dad and brothers...lots of large mouth bass, little florida's, white bass, stripers, hybrids....but never caught a small mouth! And what nice one this is! :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to fish for small mouth bass! I'm originally from Texas so I grew up fishing with my dad and brothers...lots of large mouth bass, little florida's, white bass, stripers, hybrids....but never caught a small mouth! And what nice one this is! :thumbsup2

Dale Hollow lake in TN is one of the top lakes to catch smallies.

Dale Hollow lake in TN is one of the top lakes to catch smallies.

Good to know! We haven't been fishing much since we moved. Sold the boat before we left Texas...now we live on Lanier! :rolleyes: But now that the little ones are getting bigger...it's time to start again! I really miss it. Oh yeah, and especially since dd2 has the knack for catching the biggest fish in the pond...you remember this pic! ;)

Good to know! We haven't been fishing much since we moved. Sold the boat before we left Texas...now we live on Lanier! :rolleyes: But now that the little ones are getting bigger...it's time to start again! I really miss it. Oh yeah, and especially since dd2 has the knack for catching the biggest fish in the pond...you remember this pic! ;)

that cat will eat real good....:fish:

take yer kids huntin and fishing.....ya wont regret it........they'll never forget it...:hug:

I agree with hanging out with your kids. Expose them to as much variety as possible.

Unfortunately, there was no eatin’ that fish…it was caught in the pond behind Meadows at FW!:rolleyes:

Golf carts are good for fishing with little ones too! ;)

We do a lot of fishing in the keys, we go during mini lobster season. Nothing like fresh Mahi Mahi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter