• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fishing Excursion Photos

Good to know! We haven't been fishing much since we moved. Sold the boat before we left Texas...now we live on Lanier! :rolleyes: But now that the little ones are getting bigger...it's time to start again! I really miss it. Oh yeah, and especially since dd2 has the knack for catching the biggest fish in the pond...you remember this pic! ;)

I REMEMBER THAT PICTURE !! I absolutely love that picture, The glee is unmatched to any I've seen on a child ! Thats great !
And a real nice cat too!

We did the fishing excursion in Nov. 06. It was a birthday present for my Dad. I brought my Dsis, niece, DD and myself. My poor daughter was dying to catch a fish. I caught nothing. My sister caught a turtle. My niece caught a bird that stole her fish as she was reeling it in. Dad caught a small one.
So the guide was feeling bad for my daughter since our time was coming to an end and she was getting very sad over the no fish situation. He apparently had been fishing himself that morning and had a big fish stuck in a bucket on the boat. So we distracted her while he put the fish on her line. It was a huge fish too! Poor guy lost his dinner since the fishing is catch and release!! The sad part was that in the last 5 minutes of fishing, my daughter actually caught her own fish! :rotfl2:
We tipped him well.

It was fun and I would really recommend it if you have the time and money.

I've always wanted to fish for small mouth bass! I'm originally from Texas so I grew up fishing with my dad and brothers...lots of large mouth bass, little florida's, white bass, stripers, hybrids....but never caught a small mouth! And what nice one this is! :thumbsup2

We live in sw ohio and go up to the Port Clinton area on Lake Erie about 4-5 times a year, camp on Kelley's Island. We take our annual walleye trip in early May after the thaw out right when the wally's are heading out the rivers after the spawn. Then through the spring and summer catch perch, large mouth bass, white bass, sheephead, smallies, which the one in the picture is about average size when you're out on the the reefs north of Kelley's. When the perch are schooled up you can bring them up three at a time on crappie rigs, average size is about a half a pound, great fillet size.

Fishing up there can really spoil you tho, we hardly fish around home. If you own a boat it would be worth the drive from Georgia for a weeks worth of fishing up there or go up and take a charter, that and the peacefulness of camping on the island it's awsome. I know from reading here that the big thing at the Fort is riding the golf carts around, on Kelleys Island you can ride them around the whole island, for the people who live there that is their main mode of transportation, same for Put in Bay, an island about 5 miles west of Kelleys.

We also go up New Years eve for the Walleye Drop http://www.walleyemadness.com/, instead of the ball at Times Square they drop a 600lb. fiberglass walleye at midnight. We stay in Sandusky at www.kalahariresorts.com, it's a resort with a 173,000 sq ft indoor waterpark, kinda kewl to be standing there in your swim gear watching people ride by outside on snow mobiles.

Sounds like a fun time!! I've added it to our list of places we'd like to visit. Now if gas prices would just go back down.....:rolleyes:

I've gotta say STKY6, that's not fishing, that's Catching!

Seems like whenever I went fishing, about the only thing I caught were bug bites! That and some really small local fish. I still love it and like others have said, still remember being a kid and going fishing with my Mom, her father and my brother when really little. When we got a little older, my brother and I would get together with our friends on summer mornings, pack a few peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a canteen of water on our backs, tie the fishing poles to the cross bar on our bikes and head out for hours of fun fishing and swimming. I'm sure Mom hated to see us leave in the morning! I can't see kids doing that today.

I've taken my two little ones out a few times now over the past three years and they have enjoyed it. Looks like your kids were having a blast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter