Fitting in Palo - same night as Marvel MDR?

closetmickey

DIS Veteran
Sailing soon on the Wish....newly Platinum so we would really like to take advantage of our "perk" but dont want to miss any of the MDRs (have had Palo brunch on every cruise but not counting on it due to concierge rooms). We have late seating. I am least interested in the Marvel MDR, but never having been on the Wish, would like to experience it a bit. Any suggestions? For those who have been, at what time does the "show" there start? Could we send the kids and join them late? Or is there a lead up at the beginning of the meal? Thank you for your suggestions!

I usually pick an early Palo dinner (not trying to fit in two venues). Which means ~ 6 pm. You should be able to have dinner and get to the MDR if you let your server know you don’t want a long Palo meal - and you can get your kids ready for dinner in time.

I think it’s totally doable. I eat solo and am often out of Palo fairly quickly.

Thank you. If I could figure out the timeline in the MDR, wondering if I could do a partial meal in both.

Our plan is for 2nd part of our B2B late MDR is hit Palo at 6:00, have a salad, steak and maybe a side then go to MDR for maybe an appetizer and then dessert. For the first part if our B2B we have early dining so we’ll go to MDR for appetizer and maybe soup or salad, then to Palo for entree and dessert. Best of both worlds 💕

I was just on the Wish over Labor Day weekend. Honestly, Marvel was a huge disappointment to me. I expected way more. ***Slight spoiler alert!***
First our table was in an awkward corner which did not make it easy to see the show. Most of it is on screen instead of "live." So you must pay attention to most of the on screen commentary to get the over all show. Antman and Wasp do appear and at least stop and wave to every table but I didn't see them overly interacting with any one table or spending lots of time. The food was good. Not exceptional. If I had the opportunty to go to Palo, I would have instead. LOL
Frozen night was our favorite night both for the show and the food.

We just got off the WIsh and DH and I have decided that next time we do Palo instead of Marvel. It was noisy, crowded, constant show with talking and action clips. In addition, we did not like the food we ordered. First time that has happened on DCL as we are not foodies. We have not been to Palo dinner in years in spite of being Platinum because we generally like the MDRs.

OP, do you have early or late dining? When we were on the Wish, the show started at about 6:05, and it runs on and off throughout dinner. It really isn't that exciting.

Just remember if you do an early dinner at Palo and a late “dinner” at Marvel, you will miss both showings of the stage show (and from most accounts the Wish stage shows seem to be better reviewed than the Marvel show). I would skip Marvel if you really want Palo.

I was just on the Wish over Labor Day weekend. Honestly, Marvel was a huge disappointment to me. I expected way more. ***Slight spoiler alert!***
First our table was in an awkward corner which did not make it easy to see the show. Most of it is on screen instead of "live." So you must pay attention to most of the on screen commentary to get the over all show. Antman and Wasp do appear and at least stop and wave to every table but I didn't see them overly interacting with any one table or spending lots of time. The food was good. Not exceptional. If I had the opportunty to go to Palo, I would have instead. LOL
Frozen night was our favorite night both for the show and the food.

We just got off the WIsh and DH and I have decided that next time we do Palo instead of Marvel. It was noisy, crowded, constant show with talking and action clips. In addition, we did not like the food we ordered. First time that has happened on DCL as we are not foodies. We have not been to Palo dinner in years in spite of being Platinum because we generally like the MDRs.

At what point of time in the restaurant did any portion of “the show” begin?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter