Fixed weeks

lowlight

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has purchased or inquired about a fixed week for the past few resorts (CCV, VGF, RIV), did anyone actually purchase a standard room (ie not preferred, lake view, etc)?

For anyone who has purchased or inquired about a fixed week for the past few resorts (CCV, VGF, RIV), did anyone actually purchase a standard room (ie not preferred, lake view, etc)?
Yep we have a standard view at RIV as that’s preferred to me because I can see the fireworks at Epcot and MK from my balcony from most of those rooms.

I have a preferred week because it was close to the number of points I wanted to buy, but I wish I would’ve bought a standard. However, the room now costs 13 more points than it did when I bought my FW so it’s not all bad!

Ok, thanks for the responses. I am wondering if most people bought standard or preferred/lake/etc views, and what is more valuable in the resale market. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a standard week on resale.

Ok, thanks for the responses. I am wondering if most people bought standard or preferred/lake/etc views, and what is more valuable in the resale market. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a standard week on resale.
I think most fixed weeks are unicorns and will be rare on the resale market, especially since they have only been offered on the newer built resorts. Mine is week 52 at in a SV Studio at 196 points, when I bought it the 10% premium was gone because the charts had been recently adjusted. I'm not sure if that week is still available to purchase but under the rebranded favorite week its 230 points.

IIRC, many reported here have been for SV at popular times in early December

We have a fixed week at Riviera and it's a Standard View. The standard views tend to make more sense as a fixed week since they are harder to get. It's much easier to get Preferred View at Riviera, for example.

We have week 48 preferred studio at Riviera. Required 147 points when purchased, but our contract is written for 150 because with incentives it was cheaper to buy 150 points versus 147. I would’ve liked standard, but they were sold out when we purchased. Still kicking myself for not buying a fixed week for early September in a standard studio at Riviera.

I also have a standard view fixed week at RIV. Week 42 which was 130 pts plus a separate 25 pt contract to push me over 150 pts for the incentives. The 10% premium has disappeared with point adjustments, so I save points if I actually use the fixed week.

Like other posters I actually prefer the standard view. Love watching the fireworks on that side!

I am interested in learning more about a fixed week purchase at RR, perhaps someone here can offer some info?
I'm just curious as to how the buy in works? Is it that you choose the week you want to go each year and buy the number of points it takes for that week in that room size/view? Then pay the MF's on those points, same as in a point purchase? I'm guessing so, but would like to know for sure.

Thank you.

Dee

I am interested in learning more about a fixed week purchase at RR, perhaps someone here can offer some info?
I'm just curious as to how the buy in works? Is it that you choose the week you want to go each year and buy the number of points it takes for that week in that room size/view? Then pay the MF's on those points, same as in a point purchase? I'm guessing so, but would like to know for sure.

Thank you.

Dee
Fixed weeks are typically the points required for the chosen week plus a 10% premium. MF are exactly the same. Member services then automatically book that week for you at 12 months out. If you want, you can email MS to cancel your fixed week and you have access to floating points that you use as normal.

The fixed week chart has been updated since the resort first opened as the points chart has been substantially revised since 2019. I bought my fixed week in 2019 and it costs me fewer points than if I booked the week myself. That loophole has now been closed, so you're unlikely to 'come out ahead' with Disney but you pay a premium for the knowledge hard to book rooms are automatically allocated for you.

Last edited:
...The fixed week chart has been updated since the resort first opened as the points chart has been substantially revised since 2019. I bought my fixed week in 2019 and it costs me fewer points than if I booked the week myself. That loophole has now been closed, so you're unlikely to 'come out ahead' with Disney but you pay a premium for the knowledge hard to book rooms are automatically allocated for you.
How has the loophole been closed? I know that they've adjusted the balance of the points charts since I've bought my FWs, 41 & 49 in Riv standard view studios. If someone were to buy a FW for one of today's cheaper points weeks, the next couple of rebalancings might go in their favor.

And it is interesting to hear that they've sold out of Riv FW 48 standard view studios.

How has the loophole been closed? I know that they've adjusted the balance of the points charts since I've bought my FWs, 41 & 49 in Riv standard view studios. If someone were to buy a FW for one of today's cheaper points weeks, the next couple of rebalancings might go in their favor.

And it is interesting to hear that they've sold out of Riv FW 48 standard view studios.
I should have clarified: the vast majority of Fixed Weeks are sold for Oct, Nov and Dec, it is unlikely that you will come out ahead if you purchase a FW for these months.

Thanks for the info. The points will remain our best option.

Dee
We have a fixed week in October at RIV preferred view.

Late to this party but I believe the fixed weeks are a no brainer if you plan to purchase close to the amount of points as the fixed week in your target use month. I wish all my contracts were fixed weeks to be honest. It gives me the flexibility to not have to worry about “walkers” and if I don’t feel like going in the hard to book week, I have the ability to use those points however I feel fit.

Last edited:
If you decide to change your reservation by a couple days, can you modify the fixed week once it appears? Maybe push it back a couple days or add a couple days on if you have extra points? Or do you have to cancel the reservation and then book something else with your points?

If you decide to change your reservation by a couple days, can you modify the fixed week once it appears? Maybe push it back a couple days or add a couple days on if you have extra points? Or do you have to cancel the reservation and then book something else with your points?

You cannot modify the fixed week, you have to cancel and rebook.

You have to cancel the reservation and book a new one, subject to availability.

CCV did offer Race Weeks that were tied to a specific runDisney race weekend, and the owner had some flexibility e.g. could choose Wednesday through Wednesday to cover an entire race weekend. I don’t think they’re still offered, though. And none of the other resorts have them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter