• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flamingo crossings

Debbie H.

Earning My Ears
It’s been five years since I’ve vacationed at Disney so im really excited to be visiting this year. I booked at the new Reaidence Inn at Flamingo Crossings. Having stayed at many onsite hotels, I just couldn’t justify the cost this year especially now being charged for parking at the hotel as well and the fact we would need 2 rooms. I booked a 2 bedroom suite for a very reasonable price. I think I have a general idea where this is, I’ve done a lot of searching in the internet and it look like a nice area if not unfinished. My question, has anyone stayed here? The photos look really nice and reviews are very good. I’m just wondering if anyone has any first hand into. Thanks!!
PS… I haven’t posted here in many years now but I used to be a regular poster. I see all my posts are gone!

If you are not going anywhere but Disney it is a great location. Western Way right next to Coronado Springs takes you right to it. I'd gladly stay over there but we are usually doing Universal as well. It's really a plus now with the Target and other businesses that were built. I like that it's a new area and Disney is controlling it's development so it should be nicer.

* The forum changed completely a few years ago and they might have dropped the old posts.

It's a nice area, it is where Disney is housing the College Program participants. It is past the backside of Animal Kingdom (Conservation Station), very close to property. I had a one night stay there and it was really nice, very clean and new. The room was much nicer than any of the values and even moderates at Disney. I prefer it to the LBV area.

Thank you! Yes we are only doing Disney (2 parks) and no Universal this time. For US it is well worth staying at their hotels especially the RPR just for convenience and front of line access. For Disney I feel it is not so it’s worth trying this new area especially it being at the ‘back door’ as I’ve read. We are only staying 4 nights then we’re headed to the beach.
Thanks for the info I booked for myself, son and his family so i I don’t want anyone disappointed.

Thank you! Yes we are only doing Disney (2 parks) and no Universal this time. For US it is well worth staying at their hotels especially the RPR just for convenience and front of line access. For Disney I feel it is not so it’s worth trying this new area especially it being at the ‘back door’ as I’ve read. We are only staying 4 nights then we’re headed to the beach.
Thanks for the info I booked for myself, son and his family sI don’t want anyone disappointed.

It's a nice area, it is where Disney is housing the College Program participants. It is past the backside of Animal Kingdom (Conservation Station), very close to property. I had a one night stay there and it was really nice, very clean and new. The room was much nicer than any of the values and even moderates at Disney. I prefer it to the LBV area.
It actually was/is Disney property so abuts to WDW property. They are choosing who they allow to build and who they will sell the land to. They also control the zoning etc there. It reminds me of Disney Springs where they controlled the non-Disney businesses BUT this time they've opted to sell land but with oversight. Obviously they still own the land the DCP campus is on.

Flamingo Crossings is our favorite place to stay when off site in hotel room (as opposed to condo/rental house.) Very affordable, traffic isn't bad (not like it was a few years ago but still WAY better than most areas), close to parks, and hotels are newer. Its a win-win.

I've just returned from a five night stay at the Homewood Suites there and I like the potential of the area. My only wish as of now would be more businesses to open up. There was only one sit-down restaurant (can't remember the name but it was a brewery with kind of an odd menu.) There's a Five Guys, Ben and Jerry's, Starbucks and a BBQ joint was just about to open up before we left. Thankfully we could grab some groceries from Target, but we wound up driving 10 minutes to Publix to get a wider variety of groceries and easy to make items for the in-room. There's a list online of new restaurants coming there, so it shouldn't be too long before that place is hopping.

I've just returned from a five night stay at the Homewood Suites there and I like the potential of the area. My only wish as of now would be more businesses to open up. There was only one sit-down restaurant (can't remember the name but it was a brewery with kind of an odd menu.) There's a Five Guys, Ben and Jerry's, Starbucks and a BBQ joint was just about to open up before we left. Thankfully we could grab some groceries from Target, but we wound up driving 10 minutes to Publix to get a wider variety of groceries and easy to make items for the in-room. There's a list online of new restaurants coming there, so it shouldn't be too long before that place is hopping.
How did you find that hotel?

mjw793–how did you like the Homewood Suites? I really wanted either that or Home2, it looks really nice but they didn’t have the room configuration that I wanted.
I’m not THAT concerned about the area because more than likely we’d be driving out somewhere for dinner anyway no matter where we stayed. I’ve read that there are a lotta restaurants etc., that aren’t too far. I’ve been to Disney and Universal so many times, know many of the areas but I just can’t get a handle on where this is.

mjw793–how did you like the Homewood Suites? I really wanted either that or Home2, it looks really nice but they didn’t have the room configuration that I wanted.
I’m not THAT concerned about the area because more than likely we’d be driving out somewhere for dinner anyway no matter where we stayed. I’ve read that there are a lotta restaurants etc., that aren’t too far. I’ve been to Disney and Universal so many times, know many of the areas but I just can’t get a handle on where this is.
If you are familiar with Disney property, there is a main road just after the entrance to Coronado Springs. You turn there and it takes you past the back of Animal Kingdom (Conservation Station) and to Flamingo Crossing. It is where the new Disney College Program housing is located, so very close to property.

It’s kind of close to the Blizzard Beach but you would turn right .
I think the biggest building to look for would be the new Grand Destino Tower which is part of the Coronado Springs Resort Complex.
You will actually leave Disney property Western Way exit.
And laugh at yourself when you realize the new Flamingo Crossings is so big , you can’t miss it!

I recently drove behind these new resorts to see what the pools looked like.
I would definitely choose the Homewood Suites because it is the only one with this:

16F9EE97-1382-412F-8614-E1601FCA132D.png

Last edited:
Try Google maps! Close to 429, which is a toll road, but from Flamingo Crossings is only one exit down to 530 (w Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy) where a lot of restaurants are. We ate at Ford's Garage last trip near Margaritaville.

Try Google maps! Close to 429, which is a toll road, but from Flamingo Crossings is only one exit down to 530 (w Irlo Bronson Mem Hwy) where a lot of restaurants are. We ate at Ford's Garage last trip near Margaritaville.
Believe it or not I did use Google maps lol. I haven’t been to Orlando in five years but prior we used to go almost every year. I know 192, very familiar with Disney Springs area and I-drive but I guess I don’t know that area. I see where it is but can’t picture it if that makes sense lol

It’s kind of close to the Blizzard Beach but you would turn right .
I think the biggest building to look for would be the new Grand Destino Tower which is part of the Coronado Springs Resort Complex.
You will actually leave Disney property Western Way exit.
And laugh at yourself when you realize the new Flamingo Crossings is so big , you can’t miss it!

I recently drove behind these new resorts to see what the pools looked like.
I would definitely choose the Homewood Suites because it is the only one with this:

View attachment 679754
Yep the pool and I like the fact there are two resorts together, actually it looks like 3 including the Fairfield inn. I’m hoping for a cancellation for a 2 bedroom at the Home2Suites.

I thought it was great, it's pretty much brand new, so it looks fresh. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, so we had the separate bedroom. It was great to be able to spread out and have the full kitchen to store all of our food. The employees were on top of their game, especially at breakfast where they were cooking up Mickey waffles five at a time. My only wish was for breakfast to last longer, it ends at 9AM on weekdays and 10AM on weekends, which is a little too early if you weren't planning on rope dropping. The pool is nice, the slide is a nice touch to keep kids entertained. There's a bar and grill there as well, so we didn't have to leave the hotel to get dinner. The lack of resort fees and parking fees make this a great value for families, and I would recommend it.

I thought it was great, it's pretty much brand new, so it looks fresh. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite, so we had the separate bedroom. It was great to be able to spread out and have the full kitchen to store all of our food. The employees were on top of their game, especially at breakfast where they were cooking up Mickey waffles five at a time. My only wish was for breakfast to last longer, it ends at 9AM on weekdays and 10AM on weekends, which is a little too early if you weren't planning on rope dropping. The pool is nice, the slide is a nice touch to keep kids entertained. There's a bar and grill there as well, so we didn't have to leave the hotel to get dinner. The lack of resort fees and parking fees make this a great value for families, and I would recommend it.

Thank you! I’m really hoping a 2 bedroom opens up in the next 2 weeks either here or next door at the Home2!

We loved our stay in May at FC. We stayed at the Home2Suites hotel and couldn’t have asked for a better resort. I rented a car and the longest it took me to get to a Disney property was about 15 minutes to Disney Springs and that was because I was unsure of where to park. The small Target has everything you would need if your room is equipped with a refrigerator/microwave. Quiet and far away from the crowds yet close enough where we got to the the MK and Epcot fireworks from the hotel property nightly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter