Flight canceled

Princess Disney Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi ,
My flight was cancelled today and the three of us are rebooked for Tuesday. I got a hotel by the airport since we have two days and no car. Does anyone have any advice. The airline was Southwest and I have chase sapphire

Still cancelling flights? Southwest was cancelling so many flights yesterday to/from MCO. I would have thought the weather conditions around the country were a bit better today. It sure can cause headaches, especially if you don't have a car to do anything. We'd probably check on options with another airline. If not, we'd do what we could to get a car (which I know will be very expensive). Sure hope you can make the most of the extra 2 days, and that you get home safely Tuesday....

Hi ,
My flight was cancelled today and the three of us are rebooked for Tuesday. I got a hotel by the airport since we have two days and no car. Does anyone have any advice. The airline was Southwest and I have chase sapphire
Bummer. Which Chase Sapphire and did you use it (or UR points) to pay for your flights? The benefits are for Sapphire Preferred and Reserve cards. Save all your receipts. We were reimbursed for Uber to a hotel, the hotel cost, and breakfast the next day.

Chase website -
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement: If your common carrier travel is delayed more than 12 hours (six hours for Sapphire Reserve) or requires an overnight stay, you and your family are covered for unreimbursed expenses, such as meals and lodging, up to $500 per ticket.

Still cancelling flights? Southwest was cancelling so many flights yesterday to/from MCO. I would have thought the weather conditions around the country were a bit better today. It sure can cause headaches, especially if you don't have a car to do anything. We'd probably check on options with another airline. If not, we'd do what we could to get a car (which I know will be very expensive). Sure hope you can make the most of the extra 2 days, and that you get home safely Tuesday....
Yep, my flight from MCO was also cancelled today. The weather is much better, but I think it's still catch up from yesterday. I'm guessing planes, pilots, and crews are all in the wrong places and they're still trying to get everything back on track.

We had a flight to West Palm from Long Island cancelled yesterday. Rebooked for today. That started out as delayed but managed to get it off almost on time. The flight attendant said yesterday was a nightmare with weather, air traffic and other issues. Guess we were lucky to get off today.

Thanks we have the sapphire reserve. They want a document from Southwest why they were delayed.
You've stated twice now that you have the Sapphire Reserve, but did you use the Sapphire Reserve to book the flights? Assuming you did, you will need to call SW when you get home and ask them for a document with the reason for the cancellation for your travel insurance. Then they will reimburse you for costs incurred up to a limit.

I did pay with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Thanks for the instructions.
Anyone who has even had a flight canceled do you somehow meet up with your luggage at your destination? I don’t know if my luggage is in Orlando or made it or will make it to DCA. Thanks

I did pay with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Thanks for the instructions.
Anyone who has even had a flight canceled do you somehow meet up with your luggage at your destination? I don’t know if my luggage is in Orlando or made it or will make it to DCA. Thanks
If your flight was cancelled and the bags pulled off it, they should be retagged with the new flight information and the information should be available in the SW app. Worst case, when it gets to your destination they will call you, they should pay to courier it to you, but you may have to go pick it up.

Op I can’t help with your question, but can sympathize. My flight today also got cancelled but I’m stuck in Kansas City with my Disney bookings burning a whole lot of disappointment right now (and sticker shock…:/) Glad you are on the way home at least, and good luck with the reimbursements!

If your flight was cancelled and the bags pulled off it, they should be retagged with the new flight information and the information should be available in the SW app. Worst case, when it gets to your destination they will call you, they should pay to courier it to you, but you may have to go pick it up.

I've had it where misdirected luggage gets dropped off, OR they offered us vouchers to come pick it up. And since it was my husband's golf clubs, we picked it up....but we also live 15 minutes from the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter