• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flight of Passage purse storage bins

willis

Mouseketeer
:) Hi ..
Can you bring a purse on FOP? If it is a medium sized crossbody bag can you leave it on ?
Or is there storage like on Soarin under the seat?

There are storage bins at the back of the room for your belongings. A medium sized cross body bag will bag fit in the bin. I believe you have to put all purses in the bin, even cross body bags.

You are pressed right up against the seat. You'll have to remove any bags you're wearing.

Medium sized crossbody should fit in the storage bins at the back. You just can't have anything sticking out of the bins, but if you do the CMs should help look after it (one guy on one of the rides I went on had a cane which wouldn't fit, the CMs said they'd look after it and give it back to him after the ride).

It's quite impressive looking back during the ride at the storage bins and seeing how much the room is moving...

I'm guessing that all things of value should be removed from bags before putting them in the bins. Wish they had lockers like Universal to store bags. I don't like the idea that someone can just walk up and pick up another persons bag. I've left back packs and gift bags which were to large to fit under the seat at Soarin in the aisle and they were still there after the ride. Am I being over cautious?

I'm guessing that all things of value should be removed from bags before putting them in the bins. Wish they had lockers like Universal to store bags. I don't like the idea that someone can just walk up and pick up another persons bag. I've left back packs and gift bags which were to large to fit under the seat at Soarin in the aisle and they were still there after the ride. Am I being over cautious?

Honestly yes, the bins are directly behind you...like 4 feet away. Nobody can get up until the rides complete so they'd have to be pretty slick to get up and swipe your stuff before you even turn around. Actually I think it's a pretty nice system because unlike Universal you don't have to wade through a sea of people to find a locker, figure out how to use the locker system, and then have to return later to get your stuff.

Last edited:

Actually, for rides like the Simpsons at Universal you also leave your bags at the side, but since only people from the same car (and TMs) can go into the room it's relatively secure, as opposed to roller coasters where people from other trains could pick up stuff if you left your bags at the side.

Also, I highly doubt anyone would want to try to pick up something from the FOP storage bins during the ride - I took a peek back at the storage bins during the ride and was startled at how much the room is sliding up and down against the storage bins, would not want to stick my hand into them during the ride!

There are storage bins at the back of the room for your belongings. A medium sized cross body bag will bag fit in the bin. I believe you have to put all purses in the bin, even cross body bags.

You have to put ALL loose objects (including phones) in the storage bins. I put my Vera Bradley backpack, my water bottle, and my son's fanny pack in one of the bins and there was still some space. It is directly behind you, and everyone in the room is locked into a ride vehicle while your stuff is in the bin, except the Cast Member, who is too busy to be looking for things in the bins. I'm sure it's secure, nothing to worry about.

So, are most rides at DisneyWorld equipped with bag drops? I have medical equipment, and don't want someone to snag my bag . . . or do most rides let you keep your bag with you?

About to fly out tomorrow for Orlando. Hoping everything goes smoothly (last minute jitters).

So, are most rides at DisneyWorld equipped with bag drops? I have medical equipment, and don't want someone to snag my bag . . . or do most rides let you keep your bag with you?

About to fly out tomorrow for Orlando. Hoping everything goes smoothly (last minute jitters).

As far as I know, FoP is the only one where you can't bring your bag on the ride with you. (Well, at Kali River Rapids, you might not want to bring a bag with you, but they have lockers nearby that are free for 2 hours.

So you can't even keep your phone in your pocket?
They instruct you to, of course whether or not everyone follows that instruction can't really be determined if the CM can't see it. But, I wouldn't want to keep it in my pocket. I would be afraid it would fly out - the room really does move more than you'd think. It's safer in the bin.

You can bring your bag with you on every ride at WDW. On FOP you have to put it in the cubby on the wall behind your ride vehicle. The cubby is about 4 or 5 feet away from where you are sitting, and the room is closed so nobody else can get in there while you are riding.

Honestly yes, the bins are directly behind you...like 4 feet away. Nobody can get up until the rides complete so they'd have to be pretty slick to get up and swipe your stuff before you even turn around. Actually I think it's a pretty nice system because unlike Universal you don't have to wade through a sea of people to find a locker, figure out how to use the locker system, and then have to return later to get your stuff.
I felt better about the storage bins at FOP than the lockers at Uni. Like you said, the FOP bins are only a few feet away and you keep your stuff with you up until you get on the ride vehicle (important for me since I carry inhalers and other medications). The Uni locker rooms were super crowded, and there were several people who couldn't get the lockers to open (one poor gentleman couldn't get his open even with the repeated help of the Uni cast members).

No worries, those bins are part of the ride mechanism, anotherwards no one can get to them except the other people in your row group of ( 7 or 8? then the door closes and the bags are still with you but behind you in the non-moving part... as PP noted, I also did turn around and looked.. was cool to see how much you really are moving... I looked back as my DD was saying my strap was hanging but were already locked in... and I checked and assumed a CM tucked it in as it was ok. ... I also just left my resort mug standing there and my cell phone.

You can bring your bag with you on every ride at WDW. On FOP you have to put it in the cubby on the wall behind your ride vehicle. The cubby is about 4 or 5 feet away from where you are sitting, and the room is closed so nobody else can get in there while you are riding.
Soaring too, if your bag is too large the CM will take it and set in on the floor next to your seat group thing.... But also safe here, only people there are those riding and CMs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter