Flights to Aulani

Has anyone ever used Allegiant Air? I just found a fare of 415.00 LAX-HNL non stop if we go one day early. That's 350.00 less per ticket. Worth the extra cost of a hotel room for one night. Thoughts??[/QUOTE
Nevermind. Just read all the negatives about Allegiant. Whew!!!

Has anyone ever used Allegiant Air? I just found a fare of 415.00 LAX-HNL non stop if we go one day early. That's 350.00 less per ticket. Worth the extra cost of a hotel room for one night. Thoughts??

I think a few posts back someone discussed that airline, and it wasn't good. Not sure if that was on this thread or not.

Were going Aug 30-Sept 6 for our anniversary. Booked at $990 pp for a nonstop from Chicago. We'll see how it holds up.

The blog Beat of Hawaii has some good items on finding airfare at the best costs and price predictions fur 2014.

Beatofhawaii.com

Were going Aug 30-Sept 6 for our anniversary. Booked at $990 pp for a nonstop from Chicago. We'll see how it holds up.

The blog Beat of Hawaii has some good items on finding airfare at the best costs and price predictions fur 2014.

Beatofhawaii.com

This is one of the websites on which I was reading about Allegiant Airline - did you read this on their site?

Hawaii Airline Demand This Summer

Will there be Hawaii deals for your 2014 summer vacation? Lately this has been the top question asked by many of you.

Summer 2014 demand looks to surpass last year’s record levels. Hawaiian Airlines and other carriers have an unprecedented control of capacity as seasonal interest in Hawaii vacations peaks.

Tips for Scoring a Summer Deal:

1. Allegiant Airlines -- A choice for budget travelers and those who don’t mind an uncomfortable flight across the Pacific. Prices from Los Angeles to Honolulu in summer are still running as low as $239. Save up to 50%.

2. Plan a late summer getaway -- If you are flexible with dates, we anticipate Hawaii deals for travel after August 10 and will be reporting on them. Don’t book yet.

3. Bite the bullet and book now if you must travel from June 15 to August 10. West coast prices of $700 to $1,000 will be customary and may not go lower. Smart travelers in this time period can look to vacation rentals to save money once in Hawaii. With full kitchens and room for family and friends, they normally offer more savings than hotels.

4. One diamond in the rough are new routes that may see last minute savings. These include Hawaiian Airlines between Los Angeles and Maui or Kauai.

5. Don’t forget car rentals. These will either be very expensive or sold out during the height of summer travel. Don’t delay in booking for this summer and consider our tips on Hawaii car rentals.

Allegiant Airlines -- A choice for budget travelers and those who don’t mind an uncomfortable flight across the Pacific. Prices from Los Angeles to Honolulu in summer are still running as low as $239. Save up to 50%.

I wonder what "uncomfortable flight" means.

I wonder what "uncomfortable flight" means.
I know, right? Gotta make ya wonder!

The flight that I booked on Hawaiian at the beginning of Feb. from LAX to HNL is slowly going up. First it was like $30 more and today it was $90 more.:scared1: Glad I pulled the trigger when I did...

Looking at flying from PDX to HNL the August 24th to 30th. Looking at 584/pp. Looks like this is a pretty good deal considering what others are paying?

Looking at flying from PDX to HNL the August 24th to 30th. Looking at 584/pp. Looks like this is a pretty good deal considering what others are paying?

I think I said earlier somewhere - I paid $484 + $60 (to upgrade to "extra comfort") on Hawaiian for a one-way LAX to HNL on August 8th. United is currently running $520 and Delta $530 for economy seats on the same day. The same exact flight that I booked on Hawaiian is now up to $628 (+ the $60 for the upgrade). (I paid $493 or something like that for our one-way home from Maui to DC on Alaska. Odd that it was 2x the distance but cheaper but that's how it worked out.)

So to ME, if you can find $584 for round trip it sounds like a good price this now that you're this close to August.

I think I said earlier somewhere - I paid $484 + $60 (to upgrade to "extra comfort") on Hawaiian for a one-way LAX to HNL on August 8th. United is currently running $520 and Delta $530 for economy seats on the same day. The same exact flight that I booked on Hawaiian is now up to $628 (+ the $60 for the upgrade). (I paid $493 or something like that for our one-way home from Maui to DC on Alaska. Odd that it was 2x the distance but cheaper but that's how it worked out.) So to ME, if you can find $584 for round trip it sounds like a good price this now that you're this close to August.

How far out from travel did you find this? What day of the week and time of day are you traveling?

How far out from travel did you find this? What day of the week and time of day are you traveling?

I booked in January for August pretty much as soon as I was able to secure our ressies at DL and Aulani. We are spending 3 n at DL (Tues thru Thurs) and then we're flying to Aulani on a Friday (10 AM flt - not the earliest and not the latest 'cuz I didn't want to have to get up TOO early). We are returning home from Maui on a Monday evening (9:40 pm I think it is with 1 xfer thru Portland). We had credits on Alaska Airline to use from when we had to cancel our trip last summer (which we were doing Sat to Sat over the course of 2 weeks). Airfare prices in general have gone up so in order to maximize our credits on Alaska Air I had to adjust our travel dates from traveling on weekends to weekdays bcuz the flights were cheaper. Flying from LAX to HNL was a little higher to fly on a Friday vs Thurs. - but I couldn't get the right price for our Alaska flights if we started the trip on a Monday vs the Tuesday. LAST year we had booked our hop from LAX to HNL on Delta but we had to re-use that credit by this past January so I had to start all over on that leg. It all got very complicated to figure out!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter