Flounders...How much do you use it?

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
We will be cruising on our second cruise next month, and have a 14mo, 4yo and 6yo. Our last cruise (2000) we only had two kids, who were 3yo and an 18 mo then. Needless to say, the dinner experience was not the most relaxing, except the couple of nights the kids were in Flounders. For this cruise our older kids will already be in, or can go to the kids clubs when they are done eating. The baby however, will be very squirmy and loud after about 30 min at the table. Since my wife and I rarely get out alone, I plan on making good use of Flounders especially during the dinner hour.

For those of you who have cruised with infants, what was your experience getting the times you wanted? I'm looking for most dinners and castaway day.

We didn't use it at all for my 2 year old but I seem to remember it was only open a few hours during the Castaway Cay day and it opened at 6pm for dinners.

On all our cruises we've used Flounders for DS, now 2, from 6pm to 11pm every night...DS is at that challenging stage where he will not behave in a restaurant, nor in the show - he has a great time there hanging out with his friends, and the staff as well....they are all great, and very patient also...

Originally posted by alexandrew
On all our cruises we've used Flounders for DS, now 2, from 6pm to 11pm every night...DS is at that challenging stage where he will not behave in a restaurant, nor in the show - he has a great time there hanging out with his friends, and the staff as well....they are all great, and very patient also...

Did being out that late effect your DS sleep habits? We are getting ready to go on 7 day cruise this Saturday and plan on putting DD2 in Flounders as much as possible at night, but I'm not sure if she will sleep at all while there. She normally goes to bed at 7PM, which I know isn't going to happen on this cruise.

We had no problem getting the times we wanted by getting reservations on Sunday. We even extended our hours once, and did so with just a few hours notice. There's no guarantees that would happen for you, so just reserve on Sunday.

Our 17 month-old did fine in there. We probably should have used it more often at dinnertime. You're doing the right thing by putting her in there at 6 o'clock.

You may want to test your child out at one of the evening shows. Especially "Hercules" and "Disney Dreams. There's so much music and pageantry our daughter loved it. I'm glad she didn't miss it. She was in Flounder's during "Finding Nemo" (Wednesday night) and "Who wants to be a Mouseketeer" (Even I couldn't sit still through that one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter