• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flower and Garden fest - what do you love most ?

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I’m planning a trip for the first or second week in May, and I’m stoked about the Flower and Garden fest.

What are your favorite things about the fest ? In the past, what kind of food booths have they had? I never got to try any at the F and W fest, so I hope to make up for that this time.

Thank you!

No idea, but following since we'll be there the first week of May.

It's a very pretty ushering in of Spring for me. We usually attend in April when Winter is often fighting to stay alive up in the Northeast. The flowers, the topiaries, the Purple Martin houses, and, yes, the food.

Attachments

• IgkXw1vGQ8qkLvc6ks7QcA.jpg
    IgkXw1vGQ8qkLvc6ks7QcA.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 8
  • hzEmPFRGSIKJOrD0xYSr1Q.jpg
    hzEmPFRGSIKJOrD0xYSr1Q.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7
  • RoZyF6dFQqeCzSaUA+uuiQ.jpg
    RoZyF6dFQqeCzSaUA+uuiQ.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
  • AsiEEQLWQjuymzNiadK46w.jpg
    AsiEEQLWQjuymzNiadK46w.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 9
  • LnFgEAcZSbKAj2QpRDponw.jpg
    LnFgEAcZSbKAj2QpRDponw.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 8
  • bB3mZNsETg+%mCWc3ivcug.jpg
    bB3mZNsETg+%mCWc3ivcug.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 7
  • sjb6eauLSkKBdifPlTIPGg.jpg
    sjb6eauLSkKBdifPlTIPGg.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 6
  • eCp66LzUQwikrfPAjFt1RA.jpg
    eCp66LzUQwikrfPAjFt1RA.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 7
  • dUbMi2VGQpapvYFEbbgDsQ.jpg
    dUbMi2VGQpapvYFEbbgDsQ.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 7
We went last year and loved it. The food portions were small so we treated them as tappas. We grazed our way through the festival. There is a booklet you can get when you are there to tell you about the foods. We took that and marked what we ate so we knew what else to try later or on our second day there. Our favorites were Korean Beef, Lamb with potatoes and grilled vegetable bruschetta.

It's a very pretty ushering in of Spring for me. We usually attend in April when Winter is often fighting to stay alive up in the Northeast. The flowers, the topiaries, the Purple Martin houses, and, yes, the food.

Such beautiful photos - thank you for sharing !

We went last year and loved it. The food portions were small so we treated them as tappas. We grazed our way through the festival. There is a booklet you can get when you are there to tell you about the foods. We took that and marked what we ate so we knew what else to try later or on our second day there. Our favorites were Korean Beef, Lamb with potatoes and grilled vegetable bruschetta.

Thank you! Oh, that’s perfect - smaller portions means I can sample more ...sounds delicious! I definitely want to get the booklet ...and, that’s exactly what I want to do. I didn’t get to enjoy Food and Wine fest at all - or even most of World Showcase - due to a 3 hour line for Ratatouille and rushing to GoG. There won’t be any such problems this time around, lol.

Not to be a downer, but remember to pack allergy medicine if you have seasonal/plant allergies and are coming from an area where things aren't in bloom yet.

We love the concerts too--we plan a trip around one or two of the bands every year. The flowerbed all around the water is just amazing as well. Its probably our favorite time of year to go.

I’m planning a trip for the first or second week in May, and I’m stoked about the Flower and Garden fest.

What are your favorite things about the fest ? In the past, what kind of food booths have they had? I never got to try any at the F and W fest, so I hope to make up for that this time.

Thank you!
We've been going to both F&G and F&W for the past 9-ish years (minus 2020) and while we like both festivals, F&G is definitely our favorite.

I HIGHLY recommend the free app WDW Food&Wine! It's basically an electronic version the booklet you can get in the park but with a lot more features.... and it's all on your phone! I still pick up the paper booklets too keep, but since they've stopped stamping at the booths its just not as much fun.
You can find it here: WDW Food&Wine
With the app, you can scroll through previous festivals and see what the offerings were, and when the new menu comes out for F&G you can favorite the items you want to try. It also includes pricing (once the festival starts), which helps with pricing and planning. It has a rating and a virtual stamp for the ones you've tried, and it has a map to highlight the booths you want to go to. And, you can filter the menus to find gluten free, plant based, alcoholic beverages, and things like Emile's Fromage Montage for F&W and Garden Graze for F&G.

I love all the festivals but F&G is my favorite since I love plants. We enjoy all the food booths, some of our favorites are the nitro cake pops, the boursin cheese booth for all the amazing mac & cheese and canada for the beef tips. There are others we like too but those are just a few. The food can be hit or miss and sometimes we have great luck and other times it's just so so. I mean they're in a booth keeping food warm with lamps so we sort of take it for what it is.

We love the butterfly tent and walking through that. We also really like the Japanese bonsais that are on display. We prefer visiting when the festival starts vs when it ends. The flowers and topiaries do well considering how hot it is by July but it's so much more fresh looking and new when it starts. Plus, April can be warm but not near the humidity like July. The teams that keep all the disney landscape looking great when it's 95 degrees out, not just during F&G, do an amazing job.

My wife and I really enjoy the Garden Rocks concert series, especially if we're staying at the Boardwalk. Easy in, easy out.

IMO Epcot looks its best during Flower & Garden. It is just so much more beautiful than during other festivals.
I love EPCOT so much - I’m so excited!

Does it matter if I go first or second week in May? Thank you!

We've been going to both F&G and F&W for the past 9-ish years (minus 2020) and while we like both festivals, F&G is definitely our favorite.

I HIGHLY recommend the free app WDW Food&Wine! It's basically an electronic version the booklet you can get in the park but with a lot more features.... and it's all on your phone! I still pick up the paper booklets too keep, but since they've stopped stamping at the booths its just not as much fun.
You can find it here: WDW Food&Wine
With the app, you can scroll through previous festivals and see what the offerings were, and when the new menu comes out for F&G you can favorite the items you want to try. It also includes pricing (once the festival starts), which helps with pricing and planning. It has a rating and a virtual stamp for the ones you've tried, and it has a map to highlight the booths you want to go to. And, you can filter the menus to find gluten free, plant based, alcoholic beverages, and things like Emile's Fromage Montage for F&W and Garden Graze for F&G.
I have that booklet ! I can’t believe I never got to use it, lol.

I’m going to check it out now! Thanks for reminding me!!!!

I love all the festivals but F&G is my favorite since I love plants. We enjoy all the food booths, some of our favorites are the nitro cake pops, the boursin cheese booth for all the amazing mac & cheese and canada for the beef tips. There are others we like too but those are just a few. The food can be hit or miss and sometimes we have great luck and other times it's just so so. I mean they're in a booth keeping food warm with lamps so we sort of take it for what it is.

We love the butterfly tent and walking through that. We also really like the Japanese bonsais that are on display. We prefer visiting when the festival starts vs when it ends. The flowers and topiaries do well considering how hot it is by July but it's so much more fresh looking and new when it starts. Plus, April can be warm but not near the humidity like July. The teams that keep all the disney landscape looking great when it's 95 degrees out, not just during F&G, do an amazing job.
Ooh. I LOVE Bonsai…

It should be lovely in May …The flowers should be drop dead gorgeous 🌸🌸🌸💐💐💐🌹🌹🌺🌺🌷🌷🌻🌻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter