Flying Fish, Columbia Harbour House, Crystal Palace, Sunshine Seasons, Teppanyaki

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
For most meals, it was me, DSis (33), and DMom (56). My niece (1) was with us but obviously didn’t partake of Disney food.

Monday 12/25
Flying Fish Café:
I had the Crispy Fried Calamari and DSis – Melissa – had the Peeky Toe Crab Cake. The calamari was good but had a bit of a kick (although I’m sensitive to things I’d call spicy, even if no one else thinks it is). It wasn’t crispy as advertised but it was good. Melissa LOVED the crab cake and said it was excellent. She gave it a 10 out of 10. I was disappointed that I couldn’t have the chilled Maine lobster appetizer, but alas it was sold out. The hostess assured me, “The sold-out items are definitely not the best on our menu” which was a clear reference to the lobster, as that was the only sold-out item. The bread they gave us was nice and warm, but it didn’t stand out to me.
For our entrees, Melissa had the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and I had the Char Crusted New York Strip Steak. Melissa enjoyed the salmon. She’d never had it prepared at a restaurant before and opted to follow our server’s recommendation that it be prepared medium, but she enjoyed it and ate most of it. She said the cauliflowers were unique and she enjoyed them. I liked my steak. I usually ask for things NOT burnt but I followed the advice of the DIS and let them cook it as they like it. I asked for it medium well but it was still pretty pink inside. Despite that, it was very good. I asked for the foyot sauce on the side but it came on top. It was very good. The sauce helped cut down on the burnt taste, but even without it I wasn’t bothered by the charred taste. The green beans were crisp and the potatoes were very good. Overall, Melissa gave the meal an 8 out of 10, and I’d give it a 7 out of 10. The service was attentive but not overwhelming.

Tuesday 12/26
Columbia Harbour House:
I had the New England Clam Chowder, which was just the right temperature. The pieces of clam were large and a good texture. Melissa had the Fried Fish Basket, and Mom had the Fried Chicken Strips. The fries were nice and crispy on the outside and a golden brown. She and mom enjoyed their fish/chicken. It was a good meal, and as Melissa stated, “It’s a nice change from burgers.”

Crystal Palace:
We all enjoyed the buffet. We thought the meal was very good. The mashed potatoes were creamy, the turkey was moist and quite tasty. We all enjoyed the rolls and the peel and eat shrimp. Melissa had the adobo pork and enjoyed it. The meal was good and we’d visit it again. We didn’t feel rushed by the server.

Wednesday 12/27
Sunshine Seasons:
We all had the Caesar salad with oak-fired chicken and a bowl of Broccoli and Tillamook cheese soup. The soup was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I couldn’t get over how good it tasted. There were no chunks of broccoli in the soup but the flavor and color showed it was there. The soup was delicious and I’ll definitely be checking this out in the future. The salads were good – lots of cheese and crisp lettuce with the Caesar dressing. A nice, refreshing lunch, and I’m sure it’d be great on a hot day. The whole meal was great – we’ll be back!

Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki:
This is our regular stop during our trips to WDW. It was great as usual. The garden salad was nice, and I enjoyed the bite of the ginger dressing. I had the Fujiyama, Mom had the Tonosama, and Melissa had the Hatamoto. All were great. The steaks were prepared as requested with little fat on them (the chef cut it off in front of us, which I appreciated). The chicken was good and the shrimp was flavorful and tender. The vegetables were delicious as usual, and the bean sprouts crisp. We enjoyed vanilla and orange sherbet ice cream for dessert. We loved it and will be back again in June. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews! I really would like to try Flying Fish sometime soon and I need to explore Sunshine Seasons more!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter