Flying from PIT to MCO in May.....

melissamomof2

Earning My Ears
Right now flights seem to all be around $200(with the exception of Airtran, which husband will not fly). What do you seasoned flyers think? Do you think prices will drop closer to the date?(May 10-17th) Or book now?

Melissa

My Mom and I plan to go May 10 to 16 also! We've gone the past 3 years around this time and have paid between $165 and $235. USAir only has 2 morning flights now and Saturdays are hard to get. I would go with the $200 if the times are right. I haven't booked it because my mom has medical problems and I'm waiting for her next scan results in February. Last year I booked in late February when there was a price drop, I think it was around $178 (the flights we wanted were around $700 for some reason and then dropped). USAir has cut down their schedule, so it's going to be harder to get good deals for the popular flights. We like to take the flight around 11:30, but it looks like it is filling up, we may have to go with 1:00. 9:30 is really high.

I agree with DebbieB, if you can get direct,good times and days, I would jump on it now.It will save you from checking every day.The most it might drop is $25-$50. For me I would rather grab a"sure thing"($200) than take a chance of a higher price and bad times. ;)

We'll be there with you! I finally just bought tickets when they went to 170 (out of Indianapolis). They're direct flights, and the times I wanted, so I bought them. To me, the peace of mind is worth it- even if prices do end up dropping a bit later.

I also plan to go in May & even the 6:00 and 6:15 connections into Charlotte are $235. I'm hoping they will go down. I checked the plane's seating plan & it looks like these flights are 1/2 full. I'm wondering if the price will drop?

Going in May also and waiting for a decent fare out of Wash. DC/Dulles. Delta had a good one last week, but the website was so messed up I couldn't purchase. Hopefully something soon. The fares have been high for a week now. I usually get my tickets after President's Day and even up until March/April for our May trip. There is only 2 of us, so we can push it.

We just got quoted a rate of $177 PIT to MCO for non stop flight last wk in Oct. I am also curious if we should jump on this or not?

thanks.

I would definitely grab $177, if it's the times you want. Sometimes it will go lower, but they are night flights down, morning flights back and connections.

This would be for a night flight down with a 2pm flight back.

both non-stop flights.

I was thinking the price may drop, but there are so many variables with the airline industry that I am not so sure anymore.

n2mm,

you know you can fly cheaper from BWI or at least that i what I found. I got rates at $177 round trip from AirTran at BWI. Our trip is in May as well. The flight leaving is direct but the one coming home is connecting.

Is AirTran bad? I have never flown. Too late to change them now but wondering anyway.

Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter