Food Allergies and Club rooms at DLP hotels ?

Starwind

DIS Veteran
This is one of what will be many posts I try to plan my sudden trip to DLP. We will be visiting DLP in late June or early July (see separate post about helping me choose dates) as the bookend to a work trip (July 2-4) to Lyon.

I have severe food allergies and that will be a factor our trip and where we stay.

I have anaphylaxis to milk, peanut, all tree nuts (coconut is ok), all fish, all shellfish (crustaceans, mulluscs, etc), as well as severe sensitivities to a number of other foods including coffee, aspartame, saccharine, lamb, veal, olives (olive oil is ok).

Normally, at WDW or DCL, when we eat at a buffet I speak with a chef and they prepare safe food in the kitchen and bring me a plate of it -- the risk of cross contamination on a buffet is very high as people put things on their plates and then back off or use one utensil in multiple serving dishes (and that is some of the simpler things).

We are considering Disney Sequoia Lodge as our hotel.

And within it we are considering a Golden Forest Club Room.

For one it has a fridge, which it seems many rooms at DLP do not.

Some questions though...

Within the club, how are they at accommodating food allergies at the breakfast and for the tea in the afternoon ?
Is ingredient information for everything readily available and accurate ?
Can you speak with a chef or someone who is allergy trained ?
Will they make items fresh or get items from the kitchen that are ready but have not yet been put out (so they are not CC from being on the buffet line) ?
Do they have special allergy-friendly items like breads ?

We will also consider other hotels and room types if they would be better for the allergy situation, so welcome suggestions and thoughts in that regard.

We strongly considered Disney Hotel Cheyenne because it has non-carpet floors (great for my environmental allergies) and they have a laundromat, but there is no fridge and I have read recent reviews that speak of security and significant housekeeping issues, which makes me very wary of it.

Thanks for your assistance !

I do not have allergies myself, but on my last visit, I went to Walts, and a man at the table next to me couldn't have garlic. They explained, the CM brought out the menu with ingredients, they looked it over and saw what they could have.

I am not sure about the chef, but I am sure there is a way, because you won't be the first person they encounter with allergies.

I would look at youtube to find more people in the same position as you, there are several videos on this topic. And I would bring a card with written in French what you are allergic to. Almost all CMs are bilingual, but not everyone might know ingredients like saccharine. I would bring a translation to make things easier.

If needed, at the train station there is a convenience store (Relay) where they sell packaged food & drinks and you can read the ingredients yourself. Not what you want of course, but to keep in mind.

And to be sure, there is this page:
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/specific-dietary-requirements/

I do not have allergies myself, but on my last visit, I went to Walts, and a man at the table next to me couldn't have garlic. They explained, the CM brought out the menu with ingredients, they looked it over and saw what they could have.

I am not sure about the chef, but I am sure there is a way, because you won't be the first person they encounter with allergies.

I would look at youtube to find more people in the same position as you, there are several videos on this topic. And I would bring a card with written in French what you are allergic to. Almost all CMs are bilingual, but not everyone might know ingredients like saccharine. I would bring a translation to make things easier.

If needed, at the train station there is a convenience store (Relay) where they sell packaged food & drinks and you can read the ingredients yourself. Not what you want of course, but to keep in mind.

And to be sure, there is this page:
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/specific-dietary-requirements/

Thank you !

The info about the Relay store is good to know. According to Google Maps, in Val d'Europe there is a Monop, a Carrefour and an Aldi, so we could always take a trip there as well.

I've been browsing blogs and videos and social media groups, and have identified the RainForest Cafe as a likely safe place (and we always eat at one of the ones at WDW when we go there, so we are familiar with the menu). And apparently McDonalds France french fries and chicken nuggets should be safe, the same as here at home; the burgers may be too but I would need to speak with someone - not exactly healthy, but better than nothing ! Will keep looking for additional options.

Fortunately I speak some French, and I would definitely bring Allergy Chef Cards in French. Am also planning to bring a "cheat sheet" of some key translated phrases in case I mangle the pronunciation into something unintelligible.

Thank you !

The info about the Relay store is good to know. According to Google Maps, in Val d'Europe there is a Monop, a Carrefour and an Aldi, so we could always take a trip there as well.

I've been browsing blogs and videos and social media groups, and have identified the RainForest Cafe as a likely safe place (and we always eat at one of the ones at WDW when we go there, so we are familiar with the menu). And apparently McDonalds France french fries and chicken nuggets should be safe, the same as here at home; the burgers may be too but I would need to speak with someone - not exactly healthy, but better than nothing ! Will keep looking for additional options.

Fortunately I speak some French, and I would definitely bring Allergy Chef Cards in French. Am also planning to bring a "cheat sheet" of some key translated phrases in case I mangle the pronunciation into something unintelligible.
Val d'Europe also has an Auchan, which is my favorite French (well, European) grocery store. I have no advice to give you for your food allergies in specific, but most European menus have pretty decent allergen information. In and around DLP, you shouldn't need much French, so that should make things easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter