Food and wine 2017

AmiAlice

Earning My Ears
When, oh when, ohhhhh when, will the menu's for the 2017 Food and Wine Festival be posted online. The suspense is absolutely killing me.

I feel ya kiddo! I'm having the same problem! they should be out real soon as it starts in August this year! I don't want to plan my ADR'S until I find out what's available! we'll keep our fingers crossed together that they come out soon!

ugghh i feel so bad holding on to the ADRs. if the menu is as good as last years, I'm cancelling them.

ugghh i feel so bad holding on to the ADRs. if the menu is as good as last years, I'm cancelling them.

we moved our Le Cellier reservation from F&W opening day 8/31 to 8/29 so that we can grab a Canadian cheddar soup instead of at Le Cellier and other samplers during the event. Should be about 5 extra booths (30 to 35), hope my past favorites are still going to be served, and we're open to checking out the new stands.

we moved our Le Cellier reservation from F&W opening day 8/31 to 8/29 so that we can grab a Canadian cheddar soup instead of at Le Cellier and other samplers during the event. Should be about 5 extra booths (30 to 35), hope my past favorites are still going to be served, and we're open to checking out the new stands.

I can never justify spending that much on food so i have never been. I am excited to finally try their food at the booths!

I can never justify spending that much on food so i have never been. I am excited to finally try their food at the booths!
Yes - tough to spend $55 each for a little steak!... we're actually looking into booking more TS we've not visited, but grabbing like 2-4 apps at each restaurant. For instance at Le Cellier, if you look at their menu (same for lunch/dinner), it's only about $9-11 for their soup, mac/cheese, loaded mashed potatoes, fries. 2 adults could split 3 along (or even 2) with the free basket of sampler breads and be full = $30+ tax, tip, drinks if you get them.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/le-cellier/lunch-dinner

there's photos of these items in this menu.

Yes - tough to spend $55 each for a little steak!... we're actually looking into booking more TS we've not visited, but grabbing like 2-4 apps at each restaurant. For instance at Le Cellier, if you look at their menu (same for lunch/dinner), it's only about $9-11 for their soup, mac/cheese, loaded mashed potatoes, fries. 2 adults could split 3 along (or even 2) with the free basket of sampler breads and be full = $30+ tax, tip, drinks if you get them.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/le-cellier/lunch-dinner

there's photos of these items in this menu.

that is an awesome idea! i will definitely try that in Jan on our next trip! ty!

that is an awesome idea! i will definitely try that in Jan on our next trip! ty!
NP - have fun planning your trip!... it definitely builds up the excitement. We like scouring over menus and figure out meals.

Sorry to be off topic a bit - but it case it helps anyone: I bought a Rainforest Café gc for 36% off ebay... found Landry's (Yak and Yeti, T Rex, Rainforest - AK and DS) $120 for $100 on Sam's Club mobile app (free shipping). Sam's also sell $75 Starbucks for $65 but out of stock right now. Sam's has $150 Disney cards for $142.98 and occasionally $500 for $475. So I bought Walmart cards at like 3% off on ebay, with a new credit card with a free $200 sign on bonus + 1.5% back, then using the Walmart cards at Sams Club for the discounted gc's. Stacking like 4 discounts. Yes, I get made fun of as the frugal one a lot.

NP - have fun planning your trip!... it definitely builds up the excitement. We like scouring over menus and figure out meals.

Sorry to be off topic a bit - but it case it helps anyone: I bought a Rainforest Café gc for 36% off ebay... found Landry's (Yak and Yeti, T Rex, Rainforest - AK and DS) $120 for $100 on Sam's Club mobile app (free shipping). Sam's also sell $75 Starbucks for $65 but out of stock right now. Sam's has $150 Disney cards for $142.98 and occasionally $500 for $475. So I bought Walmart cards at like 3% off on ebay, with a new credit card with a free $200 sign on bonus + 1.5% back, then using the Walmart cards at Sams Club for the discounted gc's. Stacking like 4 discounts. Yes, I get made fun of as the frugal one a lot.

you get the last laugh when those savings add up!

We spent a decent amount of time at the F&WF last year, staying at the Swan and having park hoppers for every day we were there except check-out.

Some things are a better value than others. My suggestion to anybody going for the first time is to observe what people have as they exit away with their food. Some portions are better than others, and depending on the workers dishing out the food, some days a sample can be more generous than others.

Things I thought were good values last year based on expense of the ingredients and the portion size were:

Pork Belly--generous size and pork belly is not something I've ever even prepared.

Verlasso Salmon with quinoa salad--good sized serving and quality salmon.

Scallops--Sea scallops are so expensive. I've seen 4 of them served as an entree for more money than 4 orders at the Festival would add up to.

Piggy Wings--delicious and meaty.

Hands down, our favorite cocktail was the jalapeño margarita followed by the Le Passion frozen martini in France. I enjoyed every wine and beer sample I got. Loved the Innis and Gunn stout. :)

ETA: Both the filet mignon in Canada and the lobster roll in America were decent sized relative to the expense of the ingredients and well prepared. Both were worth it for me.

same. last year we kept our reservation at chefs de france and regretted it. I just stared out the window at all the people enjoying the festival. never again !

I am far to excited. Im also planning on cancelling some ADRs if the menu is as good as last year.

Im hoping they do the 'buy x amount of snacks for x amount of dollars'

We spent a decent amount of time at the F&WF last year, staying at the Swan and having park hoppers for every day we were there except check-out.

Some things are a better value than others. My suggestion to anybody going for the first time is to observe what people have as they exit away with their food. Some portions are better than others, and depending on the workers dishing out the food, some days a sample can be more generous than others.

Things I thought were good values last year based on expense of the ingredients and the portion size were:

Pork Belly--generous size and pork belly is not something I've ever even prepared.

Verlasso Salmon with quinoa salad--good sized serving and quality salmon.

Scallops--Sea scallops are so expensive. I've seen 4 of them served as an entree for more money than 4 orders at the Festival would add up to.

Piggy Wings--delicious and meaty.

Hands down, our favorite cocktail was the jalapeño margarita followed by the Le Passion frozen martini in France. I enjoyed every wine and beer sample I got. Loved the Innis and Gunn stout. :)

ETA: Both the filet mignon in Canada and the lobster roll in America were decent sized relative to the expense of the ingredients and well prepared. Both were worth it for me.

Good thoughts! Some things at F&W are sort of pricey for the portion size like Hopefully said, but I also enjoy trying several different types of foods... which is a similar concept to buy several sides/apps from a restaurant vs. expensive entrees which can also be small in portion at a fancy restaurant.

We didn't avoid booths that had permanent WS restaurants: We did get the filet and soup from Canada... but was sort of mindful to prioritize the other booths a bit more. And Texans_loyal, snack credits from the free dining plan is a perfect pairing. The only time doing the DP, we ended up taking goofy's gummies/mickey's rice crispy treats home/airport because the meals are so filling and you get so many snack credits that build up.

More for the calories per dollar, the pasta gratin with ham/cheese at Germany was only like $3.75 and tasty. We read/observed that the lines for popular booths like S. Korea for the lettuce wraps/kimchi & beef, Australia lamb chops, Irish fisherman's pie, and etc. got really long, esp. in the evenings vs. earlier and on Fri/Sat... so it worked out for us to pick several items ahead of time, make lists on our phones, then avoid the long walk back and forth across World Showcase scouring over menus in indecision while the lines got super long.

https://www.disboards.com/media/categories/menus-epcot-food-and-wine-festival-2016.625/

these were the 2016's menus with prices.

When, oh when, ohhhhh when, will the menu's for the 2017 Food and Wine Festival be posted online. The suspense is absolutely killing me.
I was so hoping we'd hear something about special dining events today. This time last year, they rolled them out. Maybe on Monday. Fingers crossed!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter