• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Food and Wine Fest Run

Ashlee Moll

Earning My Ears
I know I am jumping the gun a bit, we just put our offer down and have a whole month before we find out if our DVC offer went through, but just curious, being that we will be at the 7 month mark if all goes well.

Husband and I looking to book in Epcot area for early november - the rundisney food and wine fest weekend. I know it's a long shot, but any ideas of what availability looks like? if there even is any?

Availability:

stink
stank
stunk

I mean, I just looked now, and we're still in home resort, and there is 0 availability at BWV or BCV in a studio. There is a 1 bedroom at BWV (Pool/Garden) but that might be ONE 1BR.

This is what I figured, hopefully it disney passes us, we can at least find something in one of the other resorts, I know it's a popular time of year. :(

Race weekends almost always have to be 11 month bookings for the Epcot resorts and often the MK resorts too. Other resorts it varies a bit but they book faster than other times on race weekends.

I know I am jumping the gun a bit, we just put our offer down and have a whole month before we find out if our DVC offer went through, but just curious, being that we will be at the 7 month mark if all goes well.

Husband and I looking to book in Epcot area for early november - the rundisney food and wine fest weekend. I know it's a long shot, but any ideas of what availability looks like? if there even is any?
If you just put on offer in, DVC has 30 days to exercise ROFR. Sometimes it can be even longer. After that, the contract goes for estoppel, where DVC confirms that the contract is free of liens and that the points which were promised by the seller are actually there (i.e. they weren’t transferred out or used for a reservation). Estoppel can take another 3-4 weeks. Once all of those i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed, then you can go to closing. This can take a week or so depending on how quickly all parties get their paperwork together. The deed gets filed and then DVC is notified that they have a new owner. At that point, DVC can take a couple of weeks to load the new owner’s info into the system. Once that occurs, you can make your first reservation.

Not only do you stand no chance of booking an Epcot resort, you will be well inside of the 7-month window for early November 2019. I don’t hold out much hope for any availability in studios by then and even 1BR villas will be hard to come by. Not only is that F&W and race weekend it is also the beginning of Jersey Week. A perfect storm during fall frenzy.

My wife and myself will be doing the runDisney Wine and Dine this year in the Disney Two Course Challenge. After looking at availability at DVC resorts we decided to book 2 nights at Coronado Springs for $478 and save our points for a Christmas or summer trip. DVC resorts had some availability on 1 bedrooms at AKV and a few other resorts but a studio at Coronado Speings won out since we will simply pass out in the room upon walking in... All Disney resorts have bus service to the race so it doesn't matter where you stay.

You might be able to book Riviera for a cash reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter