Food and Wine Festival

LTMC

Earning My Ears
We will be at Epcot during the first weekend of the Food and Wine Festival. Is it chaotic? We have our kids 9 & 6 with and was wondering how we should handle the festival with them.
I'm not sure I understand what it's really like. I'm thinking food and beverage tables set up in the different countries with possible long lines to sample foods, etc..? Does anyone have any suggestions - should we avoid Epcot seeing we have the kids with???? Thanks for any suggestions.

No reason to avoid Epcot during the Wine and Food Fest. There are Kiosks set up around the countries where you can buy samples of food and/or wine for between $2 and $4. I haven't found that the Wine and Food Fest makes much difference as far as seeing the different countries, seeing the film's, etc. .
IMHO, you will be able to enjoy Epcot as usual.:D

The first weekend of food/wine fest is usually very busy...just walk a little bit, ahead of the crowds and start tasting at those booths. Then the lines won't be so long.

The kids will have a blast...there are special things for them all along the way including the kidcot stations.

You definately don't want to miss food/wine fest.

have fun!

Hopefully it wasn't the way things are going to be from now on, but last year we had a bad experience at the festival. We only made it one day and that day the lines for every single booth were outlandishly long. There were like twenty people in the chedder cheese soup line.

In past years it has been a completely pleasent experience. Usually no line, maybe two or three people in front of you. Last year, maybe it was a bad day, each booth had ten to twenty people in line. It was awful.

I have been to Disney during the festival almost every year, last year was the first time I was not happy.

I have been several times and will NEVER go again on opening day. The lines were way too long. I talked to a lot of people and the opening appears to draw lots of locals in adding to the crowds.

I went about 3 years ago in the middle of the festival, and the crowds were no worse than what we were expecting. We really enjoyed it and if I have the chance, would still enjoy going around that time period. Last year, however, we went and the last day of our trip hit the opening day of the festival, and there was a noticeable difference, and we almost didn't even want to be in World Showcase. That being said, it's still a wonderful festival. We will miss it this year, but are excited to be able to catch Christmas decorations instead in December!!

:hyper:

Like everything at WDW, lines vary by day and hour. 20 people in line for cheddar cheese soup says "boy, it must be good, alot of people want to try it."

We were there 2 years ago mid festival. Crowds were down post 9/11, so I probably can't comment on the level of chaos. There was definitely a weekend pub crawl feel to WS with all the booths up, but there was also a lot for kids. There was a Kid kiosk which featured some cool snacks for kids. My kids liked the "yummy sushi" - a gummy something wrapped in rice krispy treat wrapped in green fruit rollup (instead of raw fish, rice, and seaweed). Almost every kiosk had some kind of desert that kids enjoy.

We were there last year with DD(7 at the time), and going back this year again. She loved world showcase. We were there almost every night of our 6 day trip. They did have tapestry of dream parade which they no longer have, and that was her favorite thing.

I'm with you Safari Steve.....ten to twenty in line means 'this must be good'. I'm so 'ready' to be there this year that I don't think I will even mind any lines.

:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter