Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! An October TR - 12/2 A PTR Link!

WOW! Great news. Congrats about the 2015 trip. Wish I were going but I firmly have Europe in my sights for 2015 and I need to save as many pennies as I possibly can for that trip.

That's quite some November water! Congrats to your family and friends. I hope the pregnancies and births are blissfully uneventful.

Wow that is some good water in your area!

I read it that you were pregnant again at first lol

Yay for having another WDW trip booked :)

ok, when you said "No i'm pregnant" I assume you meant "No i'm not pregnant" .... but still, something with the water ... or they are all pretty close together - was there a black-out or something 12-13 weeks ago?

Cool about having the 2-bedroom booked already for 2015 that sounded like so far away and then I realized it's less than a year away :rotfl:

Wow, you're going to be surrounded by friends with newborns soon! Calvin will seem so old! :rotfl2: I kinda know what it's like...out of the approximately 20-person "new parent group" I'm in (all had kids around the time I had Izzy), 4 of the moms are currently pregnant again! :faint: I can't imagine - I still feel like I just had Izzy. Should be fun to see all these new babies coming to our meet-ups later in the year, though.

Yay on booking another trip! Sounds great. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on your January trip!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: hopefully DH's folks will be able to join you :)

Was there some crappy weather in California in November? :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao:

Yeah, you've got to be careful with these "news" announcements, because around here, you likely will be presumed to be pregnant. :rotfl2:

Congrats on another trip booked! :thumbsup2

Good job on the next trip to WDW! Are you going to stay on points or switch to a non DVC resort?

Yeah, the water down here musta had something going on too. My cleaning lady Darcy is going to be a Grandma, her son's GF is 10 weeks pregnant also! :lmao:

Ooh I would love to stay at VGC one day and your park free plans sound wonderful
I wish I could join you for a drink at Trader Sam's :)

WOW! Great news. Congrats about the 2015 trip. Wish I were going but I firmly have Europe in my sights for 2015 and I need to save as many pennies as I possibly can for that trip.

That's quite some November water! Congrats to your family and friends. I hope the pregnancies and births are blissfully uneventful.

Oh wow that's going to be an amazing TR! Looking forward to that one :thumbsup2

Thank you! Wish I could say I had a hand in it :rotfl:

Wow that is some good water in your area!

I read it that you were pregnant again at first lol

Yay for having another WDW trip booked

:scared1: Between your comment and TheMaxRebo's comment, I realized I made a HUGE mistake! :rotfl: I went back and fixed it. Definitely not pregnant!

ok, when you said "No i'm pregnant" I assume you meant "No i'm not pregnant" .... but still, something with the water ... or they are all pretty close together - was there a black-out or something 12-13 weeks ago?

Cool about having the 2-bedroom booked already for 2015 that sounded like so far away and then I realized it's less than a year away

Thanks for letting me know! :eek::rotfl2: Went back and edited that immediately! I have no idea what was going on in November...well I have a 'clue' to what was going on, but not sure what led to it :rotfl:

Wow, you're going to be surrounded by friends with newborns soon! Calvin will seem so old! :rotfl2: I kinda know what it's like...out of the approximately 20-person "new parent group" I'm in (all had kids around the time I had Izzy), 4 of the moms are currently pregnant again! :faint: I can't imagine - I still feel like I just had Izzy. Should be fun to see all these new babies coming to our meet-ups later in the year, though.

Yay on booking another trip! Sounds great.

I know right?! I feel the same way too. When my friend told me she was pregnant, she asked when we would be working on our second and actually, that was my answer. I felt like I just had Calvin and got my body back to myself:rotfl2:

Congratulations on your January trip!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1: hopefully DH's folks will be able to join you :)

I hope they will too! We brought it up to them yesterday and DH's dad seemed all for it. Very excited to hear about drinking around the world at Epcot. DH's mom? I think she'll get excited more as it gets closer if they do decide to go. She's been wanting to go to Hawaii since we told her a while back when we got DVC, that we could stay there one day. I think she was hoping it would be in January :rotfl:

Woooo!!! Another trip!!

Very excited! :cool1:

Was there some crappy weather in California in November?

Yeah, you've got to be careful with these "news" announcements, because around here, you likely will be presumed to be pregnant. :rotfl2:

Congrats on another trip booked! :thumbsup2

I think there may have been a cold front during that time and they were trying to stay warm:lmao:

Geez, I know :blush: Went back and edited that:rotfl:

Good job on the next trip to WDW! Are you going to stay on points or switch to a non DVC resort?

Yeah, the water down here musta had something going on too. My cleaning lady Darcy is going to be a Grandma, her son's GF is 10 weeks pregnant also!

I believe we're going to stay on points. DH wants to stay at VGF. I just looked at him and laughed :rotfl: I told him we'd look, but there was zero possibility of getting anything so to set his hopes elsewhere.

Oh my gosh, what's going on?! :rotfl: All I know is...glad it's not me!:lmao:

Ooh I would love to stay at VGC one day and your park free plans sound wonderful
I wish I could join you for a drink at Trader Sam's

Aw Linda, wish you could join us for a drink too! :goodvibes

You totally never know what the availability will be. I couldn't believe we got a week at VGF at 7 months but since we wanted a one bedroom as opposed to a studio we had a better chance. I was amazed when it.was still available!

I hope you can get it and being the somewhat off season hopefully you will.

You totally never know what the availability will be. I couldn't believe we got a week at VGF at 7 months but since we wanted a one bedroom as opposed to a studio we had a better chance. I was amazed when it.was still available!

I hope you can get it and being the somewhat off season hopefully you will.

Are the studios more popular? I would think there wouldn't be as many 1 bedrooms (that's what we would try to go for, unless they would have a studio available than we would just have to suck it up!) and lots of studios.

Woo Hoo! A post NY's trip sounds awesome! :cool1: I won't be there, since I'll be planning on DL in 2015. Although that DVC PAP price us tempting!

Are the studios more popular? I would think there wouldn't be as many 1 bedrooms (that's what we would try to go for, unless they would have a studio available than we would just have to suck it up!) and lots of studios.

Because they are less points, the studios seem to book up faster than the 1 or 2 bedroom units. I don't know about VGF, but I know at VGC they have the same number of studios as 1 bedroom units because there are 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 23 lock off 2 bedrooms (studio & 1 bedroom with a pass through door). The only resort I know of with dedicated one bedrooms is the BCV, but I'm not an authority on room configurations.

We always prefer the 1 bedrooms since the sleeping situation is far superior and they have the Jacuzzi tub. We're lucky that we have enough points not to have to stay in studios any more.

Woo Hoo! A post NY's trip sounds awesome! :cool1: I won't be there, since I'll be planning on DL in 2015. Although that DVC PAP price us tempting!

Yay for DL in 2015! Have you announced this yet? Have I overlooked this on your TR?:confused3

Because they are less points, the studios seem to book up faster than the 1 or 2 bedroom units. I don't know about VGF, but I know at VGC they have the same number of studios as 1 bedroom units because there are 23 dedicated 2 bedrooms and 23 lock off 2 bedrooms (studio & 1 bedroom with a pass through door). The only resort I know of with dedicated one bedrooms is the BCV, but I'm not an authority on room configurations.

We always prefer the 1 bedrooms since the sleeping situation is far superior and they have the Jacuzzi tub. We're lucky that we have enough points not to have to stay in studios any more.

Alison, what do you think would be better for us at AKV? A lock off or dedicated? I booked the dedicated, but I should have probably asked someone who knows way more about the rooms than I do. Should i have gotten the lock off instead?

***I left us off leaving Epcot, heading back to AKV***

We got back to the Jambo House around 7:20 and on our way over, I suggested to DH that we go over to the MK. Yes! He wanted to. Woot woot! DM was perfectly content staying in the room, watching TV and relaxing. DH and I gave DS a quick bath and got a few bottles set up and headed out to catch a bus. Of course, one didn’t come for about 20 minutes so we didn’t arrive until close to 8:40. My first official peek at the castle!

Good grief. So it looks like I’m at the corner of Main street, just about to round the corner for a full frontal view of the castle. I don’t even know why I kept this photo. Maybe because it is the first picture? Who knows.

DH wanted to go over towards New Fantasyland so that’s where we headed

The teacups are really pretty at night. Even prettier with a filter!

So if we remember back in the beginning, right before we left for our trip, I was able to register for a FP for BoG, but kept getting an error when trying to access the page to set up a time and date. I called Tech Support about this error and was told to take it to Conceirge, where the CM then proceeded to tell me that there was nothing she could do on her end and all I could do was to keep trying.

Well, while walking over towards New Fantasyland, DH suggested that we go over to the BoG desk and talk to someone. I was in no mood to get turned down, so said no. DH then said, let’s at least go ask what time the restaurant would be open for lunch and when would be a good time to get in line. Alright, sure. We get over there and there are three very cheerful CM’s (one guy, two girls) blocking the main entrance to the restaurant and we go up and ask about the wait times for lunch and was told waits could be up to 40 minutes or more. We started talking more about the restaurant and what our plans looked like tomorrow and the male CM was just so super friendly that I just decided to tell him about the hassle of trying to secure a FP online after being registered, told him about the error and he asked to see it. Luckily, I had taken a screen shot of the error I kept getting and showed it to him. He asked for us to hold on for a second and one of the girl CM’s said, “He’s going to get you in tomorrow.” WHAT?! A few seconds later he came back with a slip of paper, asked for my name, how many were in my party and asked me what time would be most convenient for us to have lunch. Seriously?! You’re giving me an option for times?! I said, how about 11:45am? And he said, “Sounds good! Just show up at the podium tomorrow and there will be no problems because I’ll be working.” This guy absolutely made our night! Talk about major pixie dust! pixiedust: I hugged him and thanked him so much and I think he was pretty happy about making us so happy. :)

The timing couldn’t have been more perfect because right as our conversation was ending with the CM, the fireworks started! We walked around to try and find a better angle

We didn’t stick around for the entire show. I wanted to keep walking and see the one thing I didn’t get to see last time.

The Tangled Bathrooms! And you can tell by everyone’s faces, the fireworks are still going.

And you bet I went in there and took pictures like a crazy person!

Right outside

It really is such a cool little addition to the Fantasyland area. Wasn’t able to see any Pascals in the dark though. Next time!

I was ‘dying’ to see the HM, so that’s where we went

After our terrifying tour, we went in search of a snack. A corn dog sounded really good but wasn’t sure where to find one. We kind of walked around the Frontierland area and found a kiosk. Yes! So ready for the deliciously massive corndog that we hadn’t had since Disneyland…

For real? It’s puny! Pathetic excuse of a corn dog. Nothing like what they serve at Disneyland. Poor DH was so sad, I went off to find his other favorite food

We took our items to a quiet, deserted bench out near the water and ate and talked and just soaked in the environment

After eating, I said it’s probably best that we head back ‘home’ to get ready for the next day. And of course, what’s a TR without my crappy, blurry pics!

And took some pictures of the Halloween decorations

“See Ya Real Soon!” Okay, how about tomorrow?!

I texted DM on the bus at 10:02pm that we were on our way. Even though we had only spend about an hour and a half in total at the park, it was perfect! Got a BoG reservation, a quick ride on the HM, a corn dog(albeit, a small one) and we were totally looking forward to Calvin’s first haircut tomorrow!

wow - what a pixie dust moment in getting that reservation for you for BOG! Though, it shouldn't have taken a CM going above and beyond given that you were getting an error with their system ... but still, magic moments like that can really make a trip

"I was ‘dying’ to see the HM, so that’s where we went"

I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

We got back to the Jambo House around 7:20 and on our way over, I suggested to DH that we go over to the MK. Yes! He wanted to. Woot woot! DM was perfectly content staying in the room, watching TV and relaxing. DH and I gave DS a quick bath and got a few bottles set up and headed out to catch a bus.
Woohooo! Date night in the MK! :thumbsup2

My first official peek at the castle!

Cool!!!! You even managed to make the picture appear the way you were seeing it after drinking at EPCOT!!!!! :drinking1 :thumbsup2 :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

The timing couldn’t have been more perfect because right as our conversation was ending with the CM, the fireworks started! We walked around to try and find a better angle
Awesome! After so many CM's who basically just wanted to say they couldn't do anything, I'm glad you finally found someone who could, and would do something! It's a good thing your DH convinced you to go over to BoG.

For real? It’s puny! Pathetic excuse of a corn dog. Nothing like what they serve at Disneyland. Poor DH was so sad, I went off to find his other favorite food
I've had bigger corn dog nuggets. :sad2: :rotfl:

We took our items to a quiet, deserted bench out near the water and ate and talked and just soaked in the environment
Sounds fantastic. :thumbsup2

“See Ya Real Soon!” Okay, how about tomorrow?!
It's always a nice little touch to see that on the way out... unless it is the last time leaving the MK for that trip. :crazy2:

I texted DM on the bus at 10:02pm that we were on our way.
So did you save the text, do you take detailed, precise notes, or do you just make it up as you go? That's a very specific time. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Yeah for getting the reservation for BoG. :thumbsup2

You have no idea HOW great your post was today. It made me realize, that this will be US on Saturday. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter