Food Questions

Emmo

Mouseketeer
Hi, I'm a big foodie but i'm not overly adventurous as there are many things I don't eat, mushrooms and fish being a couple of them. Anyway, I wantto try a really nice dinner when we are at DL and we have looked at Vinyard rooms and Napa Rose. Can anyone explain a few things to me please?

1) What is a wine pairing?

2) What is a wine flight?

3) Is the Vinters table sample thingy a good idea for someone like me ( a little bit picky)?

4) does anyone know how often they change the menu at the above places?

Thanks for your help :thumbsup2

Emmo said:
1) What is a wine pairing?
A wine pairing is wine that is served with a specific menu item, specially selected to complement the food.

2) What is a wine flight?
It's most often used to describe small samples of different wines that are served together, so that you can taste each one, but I believe in the case of Napa Rose, when they talk about a "Wine Flight" they actually mean that a wine pairing is served with each course.

3) Is the Vinters table sample thingy a good idea for someone like me ( a little bit picky)?
Probably not.

4) does anyone know how often they change the menu at the above places?
The menus tend to showcase fresh (seasonal) ingredients, so they can change weekly or even nightly (and certainly there are nightly specials). But in general I think there are some basic menu items that don't change very often, though approximately monthly I believe they adjust the menu (most often to change the veggies that might accompany the meat/seafood to try to stay with the freshest ingredients.

You can find a sample of the Napa Rose menu (from August 2005) on the Allearsnet.com web site: http://allearsnet.com/dlr/din/menu/men_napa.htm

I have been to both restaurants and think they are both great, especially if you like good food. And this is coming from someone who also does not eat a lot of crazy stuff. My husband and I visited the Napa Rose a couple of months ago and everything we ordered was excellent. They also have a pretty varied menu.

I think the Vineyard Room changes menus a bit more regularly, about 4 times a year. The food there is also excellent and the service is great. However, this restaurant requires that you order either 3 or 4 courses, and you also have an optional cheese course.

DH ordered from the Vinters Table (or Chef's choice) from Napa Rose last week. If you are picky and something on the Chef's menu does not appeal to you, it is not for you. The menu is diverse enough that you should be able to create your own courses and with the very knowledgable servers, it is no problem getting wine recommendations with your "own" courses. The Chef's menu had two things I don't touch....rabbit and veal, and they would not substitute. All in all....FABULOUS MEAL (the scallops are wonderful) and our server, John, picked some amazing wines for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter