Food requests at Garden Grill

WawaCoffee

Thank the Phoenicians
We have a breakfast ADR at Garden Grill for our upcoming trip. We are both VERY excited for this, as it will be our first character dining experience.

Would it be possible to make requests, or are you essentially just given the large plate of food and that's it? We know that neither of us will be eating the sticky bun, and we would largely prefer more scrambled eggs instead of tater tots. I'm not sure how strict they are with substitutes/modifying the serving sizes of what they give you.

I think they would give you more/less of anything they serve. It’s all you can eat.

Didn't realize it was all you can eat.. I thought it was just the single plate of food they bring out for the table. Awesome, thanks!

We’ve not done breakfast but it’s the same principle at lunch. We were asked if we wanted more of any items and they just brought that.

We have a breakfast ADR at Garden Grill for our upcoming trip. We are both VERY excited for this, as it will be our first character dining experience.

Would it be possible to make requests, or are you essentially just given the large plate of food and that's it? We know that neither of us will be eating the sticky bun, and we would largely prefer more scrambled eggs instead of tater tots. I'm not sure how strict they are with substitutes/modifying the serving sizes of what they give you.
Yes, they have accommodated my requests for none of this and more of that.

Didn't realize it was all you can eat.. I thought it was just the single plate of food they bring out for the table. Awesome, thanks!
No. They're* much more likely to accommodate requests for "more/less/none" of something at a Family Styly service restaurant than a standard, plated-dish one (although I did once get an entire loaf of pineapple bread at a restaurant I decline to identify ;)).

*any restaurant

Not only can you make requests for some, more or none of an item, you can let them know you’re dairy intolerant. They will help you out.

I would just tell your waiter as soon as you sit that you don't want the sticky bun. As for the platter, we had a pre-opening ADR and once a whole bunch of us were seated a few wait staff came out carrying several platters each and just put them on the seated tables. Our waiter came back a bit later and asked if she could get us more of anything and got us more bacon and eggs..

Leftover yumminess can be put in a cup to go.... :rolleyes1

I was coming here to say the same thing! :D

As to the original question, we've found Garden Grill to be very helpful and accomodating. My brother doesn't eat meat, and they brought us food so that the meat wasn't teaching the non-meat items.

It is def all you can put away, good solid breakfast food, bar the terrible coffee served in WDW and DO NOT PASS on the GIANT cinnamon roll, I too was hesitant to try it as sugary types of food is just not my choice of food and that thing was delicious, at least give it a small taste as I know you will try more!!

I'm curious as to whether you can get the mickey waffles served with syrup instead of the chocolate hazelnut Nutella like nonsense they are advertising (I'm a traditionalist) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter