Food!!!

youngdizluva18

Disney Psycho
I am a brand new DVC member and we will be going for the first time as members for 17 days in December. What is the best and least expensive way to bring food down? It seems like the grocery order provided on the DVC website is a little exspensive. Are ther any other better ways? Thanks!

A lot of it will depend on whether or not you have a rental car. If you don't, several people do online shopping at local grocery stores and have the items delivered to the resort based on their check-in date. Another option is faxing a list of required items to stores and picking them up yourself (most towncar services allow a 15-20 minute grocery stop). I haven't used them personally, but several people on this board just rave about www.wegoshop.com .

WOW! 17 days! :earseek: I only wish we could stay that long!

And with a 17 day stay you'll probably need to get replacements on produce and dairy goods etc at least once. As stated earlier your own car is the way to go, but if a rental is out of the question and you aren't driving your own there is wegoshop that charges 20% of grocery total and will shop at what ever store you desire with as explicit a list as you give them. Even beer and wine (if there's a 21 year old there at delivery) They come highly reccomended.
Another thought is I've heard about the limo or towncar making a 20 min. grocery stop on the way to WDW from MCO.

Hope this gives you some "food for thought" :rotfl:

A note about "taking food down". We always drive and we used to bring down quite a bit of food -- our earliest trips, we would bring everything except the milk and eggs!

THen we scaled back and brought a bit less (buying our meats and such at WDW).

Then we really started price-comparing and realized that we were driving down the road like sardines for 13 hours and saving... nothing!

The prices in Orlando, honestly, aren't that bad, unless you shop at the stores very NEAREST the resorts (Goodings has a higher markup, for example). TH Wal MArt, Super Target, Publix, etc. all have prices comparable to what you see at home. SO I wouldn't have any problem at all shopping from one of these.

That said, we still do our own shopping (using our car), but I think I've had it with THAT! I plan to try Wegoshop on our next trip and leave the shopping to someone else while I sit by the pool, haha!

I always throw some stuff in our suitcases-and we fly! My family has learned not to be surprised to find some spaghetti noodles mixed in with their underwear, etc. This past week I came across some oatmeal on sale for $1, so it'll go too. 17 days is a long time-you will need to shop some-but keep in mind, with all the wonderful places to eat in and around WDW,you won't need that much. I'm planning on breakfast and some cheese and crackers and microwave popcorn, etc. Otherwise, we'll wing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter