• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foodie Guide to Holiday Treats at Disneyland Resort 2022

That is deli meat. 😔

You can see how smooth the texture is and how it's a uniform slice. The ham slider uses hand carved ham from a fresh roasted ham. It's kind of shredded and drier in texture.

That’s what I thought when I read the menu. The photos are nice but it looked like deli meat to me. Second time today I’ve confused myself on this thread. 😆

I realize this is an incredibly stupid question, but is there something bad about deli meat that I am missing? Now I am the confused one. 😂

What I meant to say is that this is the Black Forest Ham I get when I order it in Germany - picture borrowed from Google.

Schwarzwaldhaus-5.jpg

I guess per the definition as I understand it now it's deli meat too, but it is very different to what I got with the sandwich.

The Sandwich one was closer to the slider ham than this.

I realize this is an incredibly stupid question, but is there something bad about deli meat that I am missing? Now I am the confused one. 😂

What I meant to say is that this is the Black Forest Ham I get when I order it in Germany - picture borrowed from Google.

View attachment 719812

I guess per the definition as I understand it now it's deli meat too, but it is very different to what I got with the sandwich.

It depends on the quality of the deli meat… I had the Thanks-mas sandwich from jolly holiday last weekend… deli meat Turkey- and the meat was gross. Mealy, lots of gristle, poor texture, didn’t taste good. Definitely not the same as freshly carved Turkey. I actually like deli meat that I buy from the deli, but I’ve never had a good experience with it at Disneyland. I will add that lots of people love this sandwich… so perhaps I’m just overly particular.

Last edited:
We didn’t love the ham slider-such a bummer. My son had the esquites carnitas Mac and cheese last night and was a big fan.

The peanut soup at Taste of Wakanda is fabulous-spicy!

View attachment 719812

American deli meat is VERY different than European deli meat. What you pictured is a whole, unadulterated piece of meat that has been roasted and sliced. What they are using at the festival booth is similar to that. The slices on the Pacific Wharf sandwich probably come from something that looks like this:

Screenshot_20221119_094217_Chrome.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to explain everyone. The texture of both was very similar too me, but that may have been me having very little experience.

Found the pics on Pokemon phone:

Late night good by snacks - macaron and holiday slider.

20221112_182901.jpg

Cranberry Drink from Galactic Grill:
20221112_195345.jpg

Dessert from Galactic Grill:
20221112_195350.jpg

Why is there so much macaroni and cheese on the menus this year?

Was underwhelmed by the ham slider and the bourbon tart. Curry mac was delicious but had a giant pool of grease at the bottom of a tiny tub. Pork adobo was so salty it was almost inedible.

I've still got three tabs left on my Sip and Savor, so I'm gonna use them for something, but it's a weak year overall so far for me.

Looking forward to trying the yucca fries though. I saw someone else eating them and they looked great.

We loved the chicken tikka masala-could’ve used a little more sauce as we had dry rice left but flavor was delicious.

I was not sure where to post this question......Does anyone know if frozen bananas at still sold at DL or DCA? These were always a huge family favourite in the past.

I was not sure where to post this question......Does anyone know if frozen bananas at still sold at DL or DCA? These were always a huge family favourite in the past.
They still have frozen bananas. They're on the menu at Clarabelle's in DCA (made to order) and Tangaroa Terrace at DLH (Grab 'n' Go).

Nothing really looks that appealing to me at the DCA Holiday booths this year. When I walk by and see what they are serving it all looks like mush in a paper hot dog tray.

I want to try the Thanksmas turkey sandwich at Jolly Holiday but see mixed reviews on that. I’ll see what I come up with next week.

Nothing really looks that appealing to me at the DCA Holiday booths this year. When I walk by and see what they are serving it all looks like mush in a paper hot dog tray.

I want to try the Thanksmas turkey sandwich at Jolly Holiday but see mixed reviews on that. I’ll see what I come up with next week.

I feel the same way about the booth offerings this year. Really weak. I've found better sounding things at the various counter service restaurants on the seasonal holiday menus.

As others have mentioned, the ones at the ice cream carts are back now but were gone for a while after the parks reopened. My DD loves them and was so disappointed when they were gone after re-opening. She was told that Disney had a single supplier for them (at least at DLR) and the parks being closed caused that supplier to go out of business.

But the frozen bananas returned a few months ago! Not sure if they got a new supplier or were able to get their old one back in business or what.

We had the carnitas mac & cheese, queso fundido, and hot chocolate macaron from the Festival of Holidays and they were all delicious. The mac and cheese looks unimpressive but it really good!

We also had the Santa hat macaron (delicious), Santa brownie (great but so rich) and alien macaron (always great) at DL.

Lastly the jolly holiday sipping chocolate with the sweet waffle were one of the best things I’ve ever had. My kids loved the waffle but thought the chocolate was too sweet/thick and only had a bit to dip in. I happily poured theirs into a to go cup and enjoyed it over the next hour. I love chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter