footwear for water parks?

docswkids

Earning My Ears
What footwear should we plan on wearing for a day at a water park? I think flip flops would fall off on a slide pretty quickly. Do most people wait in line barefoot or do they wear water shoes?

The first time we went I had the typical water shoes but these proved REALLY hot. Then I found, at Wal-Mart, the inexpensive black foam sandles with straps around the ankle that really holds them on! They were around $5 or $6 a pair. DO WEAR SOME TYPE OF FOOT COVERING! The pavement gets really hot and I've heard of some people's feet bleeding from the rough concret, etc.

Have always worn water shoes and have never had a problem. I have to agree that some kind of footwear is a necessity with the pavement and sand getting so hot!

Hey GenPA, are those water shoes like the ones worn by snorkers? I've heard them called water socks. They are great, I had a pair when I lived over seas in Japan and visited the other countries in that region. They are a nylon mesh around the foot and a rubber bottom, mainly for protecting your feet from coral. These water socks are great. I'm sure you'd be able to find them at a dive shop, or even a sporting good shop that sells diving equipment.

steven

Its actually pretty easy to find water shoes for the kids, but the ones for grownups are harder to find unless you are willing to invest in some kind of high tech water shoe made for people who do wet sports like kayaking. The socks for snorklers are a great idea unless I luck out at Walmart. I'm not sure I will be able to find the sandals in stock in March(we leave in less than a week). Thanks for the tips!

Target has water shoes for kids and adults this week for $4.99. Just picked up our three pairs a few hours ago.

But they are much more than $4.99 a pair. I've also seen them in WDW, at the shops in the water parks for sure and I think in some of the other shops. Again, they are more expensive there.

Ditto on the Target post... my wife and I picked up two pairs over the weekend just for the purpose of wearing them to the water parks in April... can't beat $4.99 a pair!
:D

I wore my Teva Hurricane's last summer when we went to the water parks. They worked great. I plan on wearing them again when we visit in June.

We use Speedo water shoes. They make the transition from water to land to water much smoother. You don't have to remember where you left your sandals! And you don't have to walk over hot cement or in hot sand to get to your sandals! We spent $20 to $25 per pair and they will last us for years.

Ryka makes water sneakers. They are a lot more durrable than water shoes. People mainly buy them for wateraerobics though, so I don't know how they would be at a waterpark.

We leave Friday for our first trip to WDW in 11 years, and we've never been to the water parks, so sorry if this is a silly question, but do they let you wear the water shoes (rubber bottoms with mesh/stretchy fabric on top) on all of the slides and raft/tude type rides?

I found some at Wal-mart for $5 a pair, but I want to make sure I can wear them all the time at the water parks before I buy, otherwise I'll just take flip-flops. Thanks for any help :)

I wear mine all the time. They sell them in the water parks as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter