"For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only!" (Part V)

Well, after four days, today I get to start my drive to WDW ! I’ll be leaving around two pm, make the seven mile journey to I4. Hopefully I don’t hit to much traffic. If all goes well it will be exit 62, should run smooth but if it gets slow, jumping off at exit 60, fl429. and come in the back way. Looking forward to driving under that big welcome to WDW sign again!!!
( I know, I just miss making my trip posts here on this thread and the fun I had planning them for so many years. )
Depending on traffic, your commute could last as long as a thousand mile trip...
Just sayn'.
Nevermind. I see you made it! Congratulations!

Depending on traffic, your commute could last as long as a thousand mile trip...
Just sayn'.
Nevermind. I see you made it! Congratulations!
Usually, I’m saying usually, knock on wood I drive it today and tomorrow, my time to work is about 28-32 minutes. Sometimes faster pending on how I hit the lights on 27. I4 has been moving along pretty good lately, I’m sure that will change here soon when the snow birds show up. I always tell people our leafs don’t change color in the fall, our license plates change color. Lol
Coming home, pending on the ten year repaving project on I4, it could be 21 minutes or 30 minutes.
It takes me longer to walk into work from the parking lot on most days then it takes to get there. Lol

Does anyone drive from Iowa and if so, do you like the St Louis, Nashville, Atlanta route or the St Louis, Memphis, Birmingham route best and why? Or a different route all together?

Well, after four days, today I get to start my drive to WDW ! I’ll be leaving around two pm, make the seven mile journey to I4. Hopefully I don’t hit to much traffic. If all goes well it will be exit 62, should run smooth but if it gets slow, jumping off at exit 60, fl429. and come in the back way. Looking forward to driving under that big welcome to WDW sign again!!!
( I know, I just miss making my trip posts here on this thread and the fun I had planning them for so many years. )
We miss your posts!

Does anyone drive from Iowa and if so, do you like the St Louis, Nashville, Atlanta route or the St Louis, Memphis, Birmingham route best and why? Or a different route all together?
Not familiar with the route personally, but +10 for avoiding Atlanta :)

Left for work around one today. Heat, check
Heated seats. Check
Heated steering wheel. Check
If your heading out today in central Florida , bring your hat and mittens.
View attachment 802828

Fall is here in the frozen tundra, and that means the heat in the car will occasionally be set as high as 73*F now!

Can't imagine 83. That's like voluntarily turning your car into a sauna!

Not familiar with the route personally, but +10 for avoiding Atlanta :)

Fall is here in the frozen tundra, and that means the heat in the car will occasionally be set as high as 73*F now!

Can't imagine 83. That's like voluntarily turning your car into a sauna!
I love it! Hotter the better! I moved to Florida for a reason. Lol

We drive from a bit further than Iowa, but have only done the St. Louis- Atlanta route, mainly because it is shorter time-wise. We try to time it where we drive through Atlanta late at night stopping in Macon to sleep, but we will see how the trip home goes this time as will be reaching Atlanta midday but on a holiday 😬

Yes, I have done this trip several times. :D you post here and get an award, right?? Hehe. 😜

It is 2200 miles for me to get to WDW and back.

We drive from a bit further than Iowa, but have only done the St. Louis- Atlanta route, mainly because it is shorter time-wise. We try to time it where we drive through Atlanta late at night stopping in Macon to sleep, but we will see how the trip home goes this time as will be reaching Atlanta midday but on a holiday 😬
I hope you have better luck than we had through Atlanta.

Yea. Atlanta Is Rough to drive through.

Someone swerved at my car in early hours. good thing I am a defensive driver and swerved while applying the brakes. No collision like the other car wanted!

IMG_4165.jpeg
Hello fellow drivers!! It’s been a while since I’ve been on. Just wanted to confirm as of last night at midnight, the Epcot walls are down!!!!
I was lucky enough to attend a cast preview of the new area yesterday and wow!!!! What a huge difference!! A lot of seating and much needed shaded area. Pictures don’t do it any justice. I won’t spoil it, I’m sure it will be posted all over but looking forward to the new light show!!!
Happy Birthday to the world’s biggest dreamer!!! Happy Birthday Boss!!!!
IMG_4169.jpeg

I don't know if I'll get any answers here but it seems like the right group. We will be driving from central PA to FL in June. The kids are totally over doing this drive and this trip in general (we aren't doing theme parks this trip, or ever again in June if I can help it). I got the brilliant idea to increase the budget a little bit and change things up. So what are your favorite 'detour' spots on the way to FL or once in FL? We typically do mostly 95 but can definitely venture off.

I don't know if I'll get any answers here but it seems like the right group. We will be driving from central PA to FL in June. The kids are totally over doing this drive and this trip in general (we aren't doing theme parks this trip, or ever again in June if I can help it). I got the brilliant idea to increase the budget a little bit and change things up. So what are your favorite 'detour' spots on the way to FL or once in FL? We typically do mostly 95 but can definitely venture off.
For an idea (and FYI you may need to start at the bottom of the list and work backwards lol) look at this website: https://maps.roadtrippers.com/trips/14292492

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter