? for all you teens out there

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
I feel like I'm bombarding your thread, and for that I'm sorry...but I need some help. I have a 17 year old step son that we are taking to the Orlando area and Disney World for 2 weeks. I've been multiple times in my life, but we've only ever taken him to Universal. I need some recommendations for him to make this his best trip.
Do you have any favourite restaurants?
What would be a good dinner theatre to go to?
Favourite water park?
Favourite Disney Park? and why? (We'll probably only hit up 3 days in Disney because of other areas we want to visit)
Anything in any of the hotels that are not to be missed?
Any unique experiences, either in Disney or off, that we shouldn't miss?
Any opinions on: Sea World or Busch Gardens?
This trip is mostly going to be a surprise for him....we are just so proud of his accomplishments this year that we want him to have the time of his life, however, I've only ever been without kids, so I don't know what I should be focusing on.
Any help would be appreciated!

Do you have any favourite restaurants? Personally, I like Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club. :) It's a seafood buffet, and they have good desserts, too.
What would be a good dinner theatre to go to? I don't know if this counts, but I like the Sci-Fi Dine in at Hollywood Studios. I like to watch the cheesy Sci-Fi movie trailers while eating. The food is good, too. Just classic American food. :P
Favourite water park? I hear that Blizzard beach and Typhoon Lagoon are equally good water parks, and both have steep, "scary" slides, so yeah... Ive only been to Blizzard beach, and It's awesome..!
Favourite Disney Park? and why? (We'll probably only hit up 3 days in Disney because of other areas we want to visit) Definitely magic Kingdom, just because It's cute, fun, reminds me the most of my (earlier) childhood, and has the most rides... but in terms of a 17 year old boy, I'm saying Hollywood Studios... Just because it has all the rides that all the guys in just about the entire world love. (from what i know, haha..)You know, Tower of terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Star Tours, blah.. :D
Anything in any of the hotels that are not to be missed? There are so many different hotels that all have their own unique things to do, so its hard... Me, I like the things they have to do along the Boardwalk Hotel... There's a bunch of things to do there, and they definitely dont lack restuaunts...
Any unique experiences, either in Disney or off, that we shouldn't miss? Go to Downtown Disney. They have everything... Cirque De Soliel, Dinner shows, shopping, a movie theatre, and my favorite restaurant in just about the entire world, Planet Hollywood. :goodvibes
Any opinions on: Sea World or Busch Gardens? I was like 5 when I went to Busch Gardens, so i cant say much about it... But Sea World is pretty cool. It's not as big *obviously) as Disney, but if you like that kinda stuff, its pretty cool. The main focus is on animals, of course. But my family-friends love it. My best friend is obsessed with the thrill rides there.. (the kraken, Journey to Atlantis, ect)

I probably didnt help, but... :D I tried. My opinions might be a bit off, I am a girl, if that makes much of a difference... lol. But I hope you guys have fun!

:hug: You sound like awesome parents, xD :hug:

Do you have any favorite restaurants?
-firstly, i am a very picky eather and I absolutely love the restaurants at WDW. I love 50s Prime Time Cafe. It is an awesome experience with great food. I also love the Plaza Restaurant. They have delicious desserts.

-the first thing that comes to my mind is the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. They serve fried chicken while you watch their funny, country show.

Favorite water park?
-I haven't been to either, bc I am mostly a theme park person, but they both seem great. I know they both offer something for everyone in the family.

Favorite Disney park? why?
-Magic Kingdom hands down. it has such a magical atmosphere that is perfect. All of the parks are great and each has their pros and cons, but I think overall the MK has the most to offer for the entire family.

Anything in the hotels that can't be missed?
-well, I haven't visited every hotel in the WDW area, but I have seen most of them. I do agree that the Boardwalk has a lot to do and see. I stay at the Grand Floridian on my trips, so I always make sure to go to the Poly and Contemporary. All of the three MK resorts have their own special shops that offer somewhat different merchandise than you can find in the parks. Sometimes, we do go to the Contemporary to their shops if we can't find something in the parks that wasn't our size, bc they have a lot to offer.

-hmm....well i haven't gone anywhere outside the disney area. one thing i like to do in Epcot is go to Club Cool and taste all of the different sodas from around the world. It is free, so you can get all the samples you want.

Any opinions on; Sea World or Busch Gardens?
-I've never been to either, so I can't really help you in this category :-)

I love 1900 park fair. but that is mainly for the characters. If he isn't really in to the character thing, sci-fi dine in is really good and it's a great atmosphere
i dont really know of any ones in Disney. but Medival Times is really fun. and the chicken is amazing!
Favourite water park?
Typhoon Lagoon. as terrified as i am of sharks i love the reef. and Cruch n' Gusher is really fun.
Favourite Disney Park? and why?
that is REALLY hard. It's like picking a favorite child. but if i HAD to choose, i would say Epcot. I ride practically everything there and World Showcase is really fun. I also spend a good 45 minutes in the Seas
I LOVE SeaWorld. i have gone to 2 week long camps there and i never got bored. The big rollercoasters are alot of fun. I always end up shaking when i get off Manta. its so great! I also love all of the shows (especially the sealion one). The night life there during th summer is also fun. during my camps, we would go to a dance party somewhere in the park almost every night. Busch Gardens is really great for adrenaline junkies.

Here is my opinion:

- Prime Time Diner, Sci-Fi Dine In, The Seas

-Hoop-Dee-Doo is so much fun!

Favourite water park?
-Typhoon Lagoon has THE BEST wave pool , but Blizzard Beach is better for the waterslides

Favourite Disney Park? and why? (We'll probably only hit up 3 days in Disney because of other areas we want to visit)
- Magic Kingdom has the classics, but also has some thrills. Like; Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain.
-Epcot takes a while to do everthing but I LOVE it! It hasn everything!
-Hollywood Studios is proabaly the BEST FOR TEENS, becuase there is alot of thrill rides
-I would not suggest going to Animal Kingdom if you only have the chance to go to 3 parks, I wouls say that Animal Kingdom is a half day park.

Hope this helps!

Do you have any favourite restaurants? I love, love, love, good old Rainforest Cafe!
What would be a good dinner theatre to go to? No idea, I'm more of a rides person.
Favourite water park? I like Typhoon Lagoon, it's pretty fun.
Favourite Disney Park? and why? Has to be Epcot. I love Future World to death!
Anything in any of the hotels that are not to be missed? Boardwalk, definitely.
Any unique experiences, either in Disney or off, that we shouldn't miss? Make sure you walk the boardwalk and rent one of those big bicycle carts! They're a lot of fun, and all of my extended family (11 people) fit on the biggest one.
Any opinions on: Sea World or Busch Gardens? Never been to either.

Definitely Yak & Yeti. Best place I ate last trip!! And personally, I loved going to all the different restaurants in the world showcase. There was only one restaurant I didn't enjoy, which was Chefs De France. Not because the food wasn't great (it was, I don't think there is bad food anywhere in WDW), but because we had to wait an hour and 45 minutes AFTER our set reservation time (and we had checked in 15 minutes before) so we waited a full 2 hours to be seated. and then our waiter was hardly there. Wasn't the best experience. A few other GREAT restaurants would have to be The Wave (went there last trip, absolutely adored it!), 1900 park fare && crystal palace (if your son wants to do character meals, these were a lot of fun!!!) and definitely Garden Grill!! We've gone every trip, and have had amazing experiences at all of them :goodvibes If I had to pick just one, I would definitely go to Garden Grill

Hoop-Dee-Doo!! :cutie:

Favourite water park?
Haven't been to either one yet, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Blizzard Beach :)

Favourite Disney Park? and why?
Tie between Animal Kingdom && EPCOT. I would rather go to those 2 than Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom because (since I live 10 minutes from Disneyland && DCA and go so often) Those 2 parks are a lot like D-Land & DCA. AK && EPCOT are my faves because I love to travel, so world showcase in EPCOT and the lands in AK are amazing. But [assuming] you've never been to D-land or DCA, I would choose Magic Kingdom and EPCOT as your top 2, and make AK a 1/2 day park, and Hollywood studios a full day (if you can) :cutie:

Anything in any of the hotels that are not to be missed?
Haven't stayed at all of them, but I have visited all of them. My favorite hotels have to be French Quarter, Riverside, and Coronado Springs. I wouldn't recommend staying at any value resorts, considering there are A LOT of families with heir little kids, so it's a bit loud. French QT, Riverside, && Coronado Springs are pretty quiet, and extremely nice :goodvibes

Well in Disney, I would definitely go to Japan in EPCOT when Miyuki is making candy. But get in front of the crowd!! If you do, you have a huge chance of having her ask what animal you want and she'll make it for you out of candy!! me and my sister got a giraffe last time we went, and it was amazing to watch :) it's for sure something you can't miss!!

Haven't been to either in FL, but if I had to choose, I would go to Busch Gardens, only because I've never been :goodvibes

hope i helped!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter