• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

? for experienced FW goers re space shuttle

kalamazoo

Mouseketeer
I have read that the space shutlle launch is quite visible from the Orlando area, but I wanted to know where, in Fort Wilderness, is the best spot to view the shuttle (i.e. the most unobstructed view and the most picturesque). Also, which direction should you be looking? For example, from the beach at FW should you be looking across the lagoon or behind you back toward the campground?

We have watched it from the meadows pool area. Look out towards the tennis courts and the small bridge that goes over the canal. We saw it quite well from that point. We were going to go, but that was the launch the senator was on and the president was coming into town. Very high security, so we decided to stay and see what we could from the campground.

You can pretty much see the shuttle launch from anywhere. Try to find a clear area where you can get a good view of the sky and look east. Hopefully you will have a clear day. Believe me they can see the shuttle trail all the way down in Ft Lauderdale. So you shouldnt have a problem. You also might want to check on times in dates with KSC (407-867-4636).

Thanks for the input. I guess I really won't have to worry about missing it as long as I'm ouside and it does actually launch when it is supposed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter