For Sydneysiders wanting to practise night photography...

queenie82

Queen of the 5 Castles
*All non residents of Sydney please look away now!*:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

The Vivid Sydney Festival is on and I went yesterday (Sunday) and it was great :cool1:

Lots of Families about taking in the sites. Lots of kids actually looking in awe at St Mary's Cathedral. :thumbsup2
I was thinking it might be good practise for people (especially those with dslrs and are still getting used to them) wanting to take night shots at Disney.
Disney really knows how to work magic with lighting. Cinderella's Castle is lit in a similar way I believe...or it looks similar :rolleyes1
There is also moving text in the lighting which is a similar thing Disney do with moving snowflakes and pumpkins (depending the season) on the castle
Plus the Osbourne lights...

I was just wandering around with my mini gorilla pod and setting up my 1060 olympus on railings and stone steps etc.
These were my attempts
http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowqueenie82/sets/72157624170948696/

Anyway...check it out if you get the chance because
1 - it is beautiful; and
2 - it is great practise!

I'm not from Sydney...

So, here's my non-comment about how not beautiful the photos are (not) as I looked away and did not look :rotfl2:.

They look great! Whilst I am a Sydneysider, as I only have a point and shoot camera, I don't think I'll be going into the city to practise. That said, I'm still considering a new camera (as well as a video camera) for our Jan trip, and will be sure to ask you questions if that happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter