For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here

Do you have to pay out of pocket at the coffee shop, or any other of the quick service restaurants on the ship?? Also, anybody ever cruised in December, is it really warm enough to swim at cc and nassau, additionally is the pool on ship heated and is it salt water???

I actually have been on a 4d royal caribbean and the pool was freezing and salty, and we were charged to eat at the burger joint and for coffee at the shop etc.. thanks...

Do you have to pay out of pocket at the coffee shop, or any other of the quick service restaurants on the ship?? Also, anybody ever cruised in December, is it really warm enough to swim at cc and nassau, additionally is the pool on ship heated and is it salt water???

I actually have been on a 4d royal caribbean and the pool was freezing and salty, and we were charged to eat at the burger joint and for coffee at the shop etc.. thanks...

You have to pay out of pocket (charged to your room) at Cove Cafe for coffee beverages. You also have to pay for prepackaged snacks.

I have cruised in December and this varies. If the weather is good, it is comfortable swimming at CC. When we were there it was windy and cool, so we didn't feel like swimming but the water wasn't bad.

The water on the ship is supposedly heated and is generally low to mid 80s F. It is freshwater not salt water.

Glad to see a couple of other Boomers on board! I was beginning to feel like we were the only AARP card holders going! ;)

We're not bringing our kids either (unless they can pay their own way... which might be possible by then...they'll be 20 & 23)

We are also happy AARP carriers LOL so you won't be alone for sure...

Just booked the cruise today for my self & DH. We're AARPers too. Can't wait to meet you all :flower3:

Does anyone have motion sickness problems? my DW gets motion sickness and has to use Dramimine or however you spell that. I have heard they stopped prescribing the patch what are the other alternatives? Dramimine always makes her sleepy. just thought I would put that out here no one may have the problem so I took a stab at it.
Thanks again:sick:

My 2 year old and I have horrible motion sickness. She can't get into the car for more then 30 minutes without getting sick and I can't even play video games.

We both took Bonine every night before bed. We started taking it 3 days before our trip. We both did fine and never had a problem.

I will say that when I walked on deck, I tried to walk the same way the ship was moving... even if it meant a long walk. LOL

I will say that when I walked on deck, I tried to walk the same way the ship was moving... even if it meant a long walk. LOL

Ooooh, that explains it, then. I thought you were just drunk :crazy:

Has Shanan seen your new avatar? She'll LOVE it :)

PCC 1.0 was the first cruise where I had late seating. I would never go back to early again. I did not feel rushed from either coming back from the pool for CC. My Mom and I would get dressed and stop for a cocktail before dinner.

And joined by others. :goodvibes

Brenda Song aka London Tipton will tell you all about the de-salination unit they use for the water on one of the TV channels :rotfl:

Ok guys thanks for the advice! I gotta be "one of the cool kids" and have asked to be switched to late dining. It pretty much makes sense now that I think about it :)

I've been looking at the pictures from PCC 1.0 and notice how the stateroom doors are covered in all types of magnets.

Could you fill in a newbie about this :confused:

I've seen and now understand what a fish extender is - so I'lm getting there. It's a good thing it's over a year away - It'll take me that long to learn everything :teacher:

I've been looking at the pictures from PCC 1.0 and notice how the stateroom doors are covered in all types of magnets.

I've seen and now understand what a fish extender is - so I'lm getting there. It's a good thing it's over a year away - It'll take me that long to learn everything :teacher:

I'll answer that for you. Don't ask about the magnets. It's a sickness. I told my wife, "We will not be Magnet People." Now my refridgerator is hidden behind a giant magnetic mass of tackyness.........

Seriously, I recommend hopping over to the Cruise Line forum for a complete primer on the magnet madness.

Decorating your stateroom is just another thing people from this DIS do. It announces who is staying in that stateroom and is just fun, plus it helps you find your door when you are walking the long halls and they all look the same ;)

Here is a link to an entire thread on just this subject, where you can see pictures, save graphics, etc. and just get general help.

I am actually printing some today for my October cruise and have started designing some for nxt Dec already :)

I'll answer that for you. Don't ask about the magnets. It's a sickness. I told my wife, "We will not be Magnet People." Now my refridgerator is hidden behind a giant magnetic mass of tackyness.........

Seriously, I recommend hopping over to the Cruise Line forum for a complete primer on the magnet madness.

:lmao::lmao: Resistance is futile Stephan. You WILL have magnets, and fish extenders, and DIS shirts, and DIS lanyards, and DIS buttons, and DIS pins, and lots of DIS friends! It's better if you just accept it now! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Decorating your stateroom is just another thing people from this DIS do. It announces who is staying in that stateroom and is just fun, plus it helps you find your door when you are walking the long halls and they all look the same ;)

Here is a link to an entire thread on just this subject, where you can see pictures, save graphics, etc. and just get general help.

I am actually printing some today for my October cruise and have started designing some for nxt Dec already :)

Maybe it helps some, but I walked straight past the room on a few occasions :rotfl: I think it was because we were approaching from the opposite direction than I was used to and I was looking at the wrong side ;) DH soon stopped me tho :hug:

Does anyone have motion sickness problems? my DW gets motion sickness and has to use Dramimine or however you spell that. I have heard they stopped prescribing the patch what are the other alternatives? Dramimine always makes her sleepy. just thought I would put that out here no one may have the problem so I took a stab at it.
Thanks again:sick:

My wife is prone to motion sickness and habitually takes medication before we fly or cruise. But this time she actually forgot to take anything several days on board the ship and never had a problem.

PCC 1.0 was the first cruise where I had late seating. I would never go back to early again. I did not feel rushed from either coming back from the pool for CC. My Mom and I would get dressed and stop for a cocktail before dinner.

I feel a new group even coming on...pre-dinner cocktails. :drinking1:sail::stir::dancer:

I feel a new group even coming on...pre-dinner cocktails. :drinking1:sail::stir::dancer:
This wasn't new for my family - it was how we got through 2 hour dinner with a teenager and a 3 year old :eek:
But if we had more people around us drinking too, then we wouldn't feel like we needed to attend meetings later ;)

Thank you both so much - I'm going to check out the cruise forum ( forgot there was one :sad2: - I'm lucky to remember my name some days ) and that link too.

since this cruise is going to be just before Christmas - I would think the ship will be festive - guess I'll have to come up with a holiday theme for our door to keep in the spirit of the season :goodvibes

Thank you both so much - I'm going to check out the cruise forum ( forgot there was one :sad2: - I'm lucky to remember my name some days ) and that link too.

since this cruise is going to be just before Christmas - I would think the ship will be festive - guess I'll have to come up with a holiday theme for our door to keep in the spirit of the season :goodvibes

I keep forgetting this.....hmmm :scratchin gonna have to plan something....

I keep forgetting this.....hmmm :scratchin gonna have to plan something....

This is in part why this date was chosen. Yes, the ship, terminal and Castaway Cay will be decorated for the holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter